Options
    Some one explain what bulking means lol do you mean putting on muscle haha
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    D4LB wrote: »
    Some one explain what bulking means lol do you mean putting on muscle haha

Yes! lol

Bulker(for a bit longer) and lifter here.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    serapel wrote: »
    I only went from 115 lbs. to 118 lbs. since September. Hoping some of that is muscle! I always get scared that I'm not eating enough to build muscle, or not lifting heavy enough to compensate how much I'm eating. it's my first bulk so I'm novice. Gaining strength pretty easily now, not too much fat overall, so who knows.

I've gained 5lbs since June and while many here have told me it's more of a recomp than a bulk, I still chat here bc I am gaining weight.

I hate the scale going up to be honest. It freaks me out and I still have to tell myself to just trust the process. I've always kept my weight around 126 lbs and now I'm almost 132 lbs.

We are in the same boat! I'm short, too, so I feel like every 1 lb. gain looks like 3 lbs. But you gotta just trust the process, I guess. It's a hard adjustment to go from cutting to bulking and back! I honestly understand how people say bulking is the hard part now.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I was thinking that, with the holidays and all, I might as well go for a bulk. My weight went up after Thanksgiving, and the week after, but then dropped 2.2lb this week. I'm basically back to my normal weight. My lifts have gotten better, though. It does freak me out a little to try to set my goal up 5 lbs, but going to see if I get there this year.
  • reginad10
    reginad10 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started bulking since June and I've a whooping 20lbs so far :))) I'm 5'8, 130lbs and my goal is to be 145- 150lbs. Add me too let's encourage each other and share tips ;)
  • mklass489
    mklass489 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Im bulking trying to get 3600 calories a day. It's a chore. Keep at it!! Always switching up different meals keeps it exciting

I have been getting 3000....is there a way to share meals?
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    6'8 255. Currently bulking and running PPLx2. Add me, username is reelangler.

I thought I was quite big, you have made me feel small. What's your calorie intake like?
  • reginad10
    reginad10 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    mklass489 wrote: »
    Im bulking trying to get 3600 calories a day. It's a chore. Keep at it!! Always switching up different meals keeps it exciting

Once you become someone's friend, you can click on their diary and it'll show you what they've been eating, as long as they enter their meals.
  • farmer4022
    farmer4022 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Starting my bulk program this coming week. Back at it for that summer body
  • ergeneserkan
    ergeneserkan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    For me , time to mass gain.
  • katieann522
    katieann522 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    captbklee wrote: »
    I've been making some incredibly slow progress on my bulk, but that's on me. Feel free to add me. I like picking up heavy things and putting them back down.

I love picking them up and putting them back. It helps with the OCD..
  • katieann522
    Options
    Gaining is fun in the beginning. Now I am 3 months in and eating is becoming a chore. So much food! (For me) can't imagine how Jay Cutler feels. Poor guy.
  • katieann522
    Options
    mklass489 wrote: »

If you're friends, you can "Grant access" to each other's diary.
    If you are just wanting to see what foods are being chosen.
  • Jar_Rod44
    Jar_Rod44 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just got off of a two month bulking session. Gained 4 lbs. I was eating around 3500 calories a day so obviously I'm a hard gainer.
  • trigden1991
    Options
    Jar_Rod44 wrote: »
    I just got off of a two month bulking session. Gained 4 lbs. I was eating around 3500 calories a day so obviously I'm a hard gainer.

Obviously your TDEE is higher than you thought, you didn't track food accurately or overestimated your portions. "Hard gainer" is not a real thing.
  • letsgain01
    letsgain01 Posts: 106 Member
    Options

Obviously your TDEE is higher than you thought, you didn't track food accurately or overestimated your portions. "Hard gainer" is not a real thing.

Not a common enough thing to not work on other possibilities before believing it *

There is a woman who literally eats 5000-7000 calories a day and is still underweight and she isn't the only one but it isn't common at all and so you are right that these other things are way more likely buuut there are medical conditions that do actually make it harder to gain weight.
  • BonyCastro
    BonyCastro Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have been bulking for 5 weeks. I gained 4 pounds. 35at3tjak8qm.jpeg
  • trigden1991
    Options
    letsgain01 wrote: »

Not a common enough thing to not work on other possibilities before believing it *

There is a woman who literally eats 5000-7000 calories a day and is still underweight and she isn't the only one but it isn't common at all and so you are right that these other things are way more likely buuut there are medical conditions that do actually make it harder to gain weight.

If someone doesn't gain weight at the rate they predicted then their surplus is not as large as they calculated.

If you are going to state a case study, then please provide evidence as well. Not to mention that a calorie range that broad is ridiculously inaccurate.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    edited December 2016
    Options
    letsgain01 wrote: »

If someone doesn't gain weight at the rate they predicted then their surplus is not as large as they calculated.

If you are going to state a case study, then please provide evidence as well. Not to mention that a calorie range that broad is ridiculously inaccurate.

I forget the woman's name, but she is on wikipedia because she has hyperthyroidism. Her metabolism really is crazy fast and should never been used as an example but rather an anomaly. Literally fall withing the 1-2% of people that have the issue.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I am following Wendler 531 currently, and while I am not bulking, I am going to work on recomping this upcoming year. And evaluating calorie/carb cycling for fun.