Do you follow up with your pre-logging?

Options
2»

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Lunch - yes, I just about always pre-log and follow up. I bring my lunch to work so other than going out it's the only choice I have. I don't liki fast food much and it's overpriced and there's rarely time for a good restaurant.

Dinner - I pre-log about 75% of the time. I follow through on about 50% of those.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    For those of you out there who do the same as me and log your meals beforehand, do you tend to follow through with it? I just wanted to see if it worked for other people. c:

I stick which what I have put there unless something crops up, then I will just change it after I have eaten.
  • mltidw
    mltidw Posts: 4
    Options
    Usually, though if I really want something different and it is reasonably within my calorie goal for the day, I'll have something else. Making myself eat something I don't want only leaves me with continued cravings. I wish MFP had a way to save a pre-log and compare it to what you actually ate during the day, as I find it helpful to look for patterns. I've realized lately that tend to want something hot at lunch. If I pack something cold, I'll often end up going out, but if I pack leftovers from dinner or something else to heat up, most of the time I'll eat it and enjoy it. Life's too short to eat food I don't want or to always turn down spontaneous meals with friends or co-workers!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Most of the time...it's at night when I go off the rails, but I usually make it past supper with my pre-logging. I mostly do it to see my carb count and my protein levels.
  • johndee
    johndee Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. During the evening while I'm watching TV, I will log on and adjust what I ate extra that is not logged or what I did not eat and enter my meals for the following day. This keep me on track and I tend to stick with the plan.