One meal a day and fasting for 20 hours

Options
Is anyone else doing this? I have my coffee with stevia and half and half then drink water ( 64 oz a day) till I want a diet dr. pepper .. and wait for 2:40pm to come around so I can eat my snack.. then eat dinner around 4:30-5:30 pm ish.

I have more energy and see my stomach shrinking!

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Cool! How many calories a day are you eating?
  • bigmuney
    bigmuney Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    There is some research supporting this type of fasting
  • _sacar
    _sacar Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'd like to get to a point of trying this. Right now I am just emotionally reliant on food. Working on breaking that cycle first, then I'll do it! Not every day, but here and there.
  • bigmuney
    bigmuney Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I got started by overeating late one day so I could push my first meal later the next day
  • _sacar
    _sacar Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    bigmuney wrote: »
    I got started by overeating late one day so I could push my first meal later the next day

This is good advice. I'll keep that in mind for sure.
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    What your dinner plan how many calories and macros you want to take?
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I usually eat 2 meals a day...1pm and 7pm...as long as you are getting sufficient nutrition, eating one meal is quite enough, and probably make meal prep a lot easier!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I often just have breakfast then a late lunch/early dinner so I can have either a large or calorie dense meal. I may need a snack before bed but for the most part it keeps really full.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I would have trouble coming up with adequate nutrition and a decent number of (minimum required) calories all in one meal. If you can, that's great.

FYI: your stomach isn't shrinking.....that's just an old wives tale.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    My personal issue with that would be protein. Eating 70-120 grams of protein in one meal would be extremely hard for me. It would make me gag. I wonder how those who do it handle that.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    _sacar wrote: »
    TeaBea wrote: »
    I would have trouble coming up with adequate nutrition and a decent number of (minimum required) calories all in one meal. If you can, that's great.

Hey if the spare tire around that region shrinks, it's all good! :D

Yeah - that's probably what she meant.
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I would be starving! I admire people that can go that long without eating. I usually start to feel the effects of no food by 15 hours of not eating.
  • mumbles2013
    mumbles2013 Posts: 289 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I'm doing IF too. I fast for 19 hours and then eat 1350 cals when I'm eating later in the day. I love it!!!!! It has really helped to stop me bingeing because in that 5 hours I'm stuffed and can't eat a single thing after my window closes. I have a better relationship with chocolate too as I still have it daily whereas before when I diet I cut everything out and feel miserable and quit.
    I've only been doing it for a week and tomorrow is weigh in day. I definitely feel lighter so I know I've lost something. I'm really looking to lose 28lbs by Xmas so tomorrow I know I'm saying bye to 187lbs on the scales!!!!!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

This. I think it's great if it works for you, and I can see how reducing the eating window would help with calorie control for many. For me, trying to get, say, 1500 nutrient-dense calories and my protein goal in one meal wouldn't be possible. I like 3 meals, no snacks, but have considered skipping breakfast so I could increase the size of lunch and dinner or add in a late afternoon snack (I eat dinner quite late).