What are your morning routines that help you be successful?

Options
It's getting darker in the mornings here in the UK, I'm struggling to get out of bed before 8am and I need to be up by 6.30 really to get everything done. I've ordered a sunrise alarm clock (to simulate the sun rising in my bedroom and wake me up naturally) and decided I need to move my morning run to 7am instead of 9am, I plan on starting tomorrow!

What morning routines do you have to help keep you on track with your food and excersize, and just more productive in your day in general?

Replies

• YELLOWGREEN1234
    YELLOWGREEN1234 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I agree with with avskk about the prelogging. Human mind is pretty simple in that sense. If everything is laid out for you and ready to go (calories calculated, etc.) you're pretty much set for the day. It's much easier to follow you're already logged food because you have a PLAN. If you just wake up with no plan, the. You're setting up to fail. So have a plan. Also I like brushing my teeth and flossing in the morning and using mouthwash that's strong (listerine purple). Not allowed to eat or drink until 30 minutes after so no impulses. Also try the habit of intermittent fasting. I only eat between 12pm and 8 pm. Good luck
  • Cbestinme
    Cbestinme Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Sunrise alarm clock? I may need to look into that! it's colder and darker and getting harder to get up!
  • Cbestinme
    Options
    avskk wrote: »
    I set up my coffee pot the night before and pre-log my meals as well. In the morning I get up, pee, turn on the coffee, strip, weigh myself, log my weight, and check my food diary to see what I have planned for the day. Doing all that before I'm fully awake helps me start the day with high motivation -- seeing the day's weight renews my dedication to losing, checking my pre-logged meal plan helps me make good choices when being tired would otherwise lead me to start badly, etc.

A bit tongue in cheek. No poop before weigh?
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Besides setting up for the next day in the evening (clothes, showers, lunch made, coffee ready to go etc.), if I plan to exercise in the morning, I wear my exercise clothes to bed. I'm single, so I don't have to wear anything my bed partner objects to. I keep my clothes choices simple. I wear all black every day. It's my uniform, just like scrubs for the medical or dental community, police officer, fireman, etc. I keep my food choices simple too. Base foods: eggs, chicken, veggies. Frankly, less is more.
  • kdogni
    kdogni Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    i get my coffee and protein ready. waking up.in the dark sucks.
    also if im working out early i make sure headphones are charged and ready
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    It takes me 35 minutes from the time I get out of bed to the time I step outside the door of the house.
    No breakfast ... and my activity is incorporated into my commute to work.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Cbestinme wrote: »
    avskk wrote: »
    I set up my coffee pot the night before and pre-log my meals as well. In the morning I get up, pee, turn on the coffee, strip, weigh myself, log my weight, and check my food diary to see what I have planned for the day. Doing all that before I'm fully awake helps me start the day with high motivation -- seeing the day's weight renews my dedication to losing, checking my pre-logged meal plan helps me make good choices when being tired would otherwise lead me to start badly, etc.

A bit tongue in cheek. No poop before weigh?

HAHAHA! Well, the TMI answer is that I don't poop every day, so if I end up going after my weigh-in I just re-weigh. And if not, I haven't wasted any time waiting! Lol
  • Cbestinme
    Options
    Lol, I've learnt nothing is tmi on mfp, I love that about it...:).
  • Cbestinme
    Options
    OP, I don't really have tips other than to i aim to eat a first meal that gives a combination of satiety, nutrition and perhaps taste to my liking (whatever time that first meal ends up being).
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Prelogging my food before breakfast.
    Having hungry noisy animal or child who need fed/care at a particular time.
    Getting dressed right away makes me more productive.
    Walking briskly for 30 minutes in the morning helps me wake up and I tend to be more active later.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Light helps me wake up. So I turn the light on the ceiling fan above my bed off by its chain, rather than by the switch on the wall. Then I set my first alarm for 15 minutes early. When it goes off, I pull the chain and turn the light on. That 15 minutes of light until my second alarm goes off makes a huge difference.
  • ercarroll311
    ercarroll311 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm routine-driven now. I get up, go to the bathroom, weigh, and get started walking my dog. Starting with a walk helps me to be way more productive throughout the day.