Does weight loss make you happy?

Replies

• Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    I'm generally a happy go lucky person as well, but losing this weight has made me happiER. Looking down at a pretty small waist makes me smile every time. :-)
  • mbouchard1234
    mbouchard1234 Posts: 45 Member
    Oh definitely made/makes me happy....in so many ways other than the obvious health benefits. It made me proud, gave me more confidence, direction, and a sense of regaining control of my life and actions. It's a long, hard journey...but so worth it
  • Of course. Nobody wants to be fat.
  • LVNF04
    LVNF04 Posts: 2,607 Member
    I've always had confidence and charisma, but I felt I could be better, I sacrificed, not eating the things that were making me fat and started trying to eat things that worked for me than against me, exercise became a routine, everyday, anytime I had free time I would do some form of exercise. Now I fit into clothes that I want to wear, and I know when I walk into a room everybody gives me a look at least once, people are more friendly, and it's easy to make friends, I look around me all the time and see so many people out of shape, either because of poor choices in foods, or lack of exercise, lack of correct information, or no desire to try to make a change because they gave up, and said this is it, it's never going to change so why bother. defeated. But yes, it does make me happy, and now I know what to do I will continue trying to perfect what I've been given.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    If my goal is to lose weight and I lose weight then it will make me happy. The actual loss does not derive happiness in itself though.
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    I haven't exactly met my goal I have 11lbs to go but I am the lowest weight and size ever in my adult life. I thought I would be happy I thought life would be better, but truthfully nothing has changed for me except my size. I still have parts of my body I don't like and I'm not extremely happy with the way I look like I thought I would be (and I have weight trained since the beginning). There are other factors of life which make me unhappy that I am now working on and losing weight will not change them.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,493 Member
    I would not say that losing weight made me happy, but gaining it did make me unhappy, so, yeah, I guess. I have reversed the unhappiness. :)
  • SnazzIT
    SnazzIT Posts: 215 Member
    my husband is happier lol
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    oh yes, it certainly does!!! Getting stronger and lifting more, also.
  • Mamatano
    Mamatano Posts: 24 Member
    I'm extremely happy even though i have lost only 2kg. I cant stop taking pictures of myself. I love getting dressed and clothes fit me. Weightloss has made me so happy!
  • JeffreyOC
    JeffreyOC Posts: 810 Member
    I'm about 20Ibs from my goal, I wouldn't say I'm happier but I'm certainly healthier and it's made me more confident.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!