• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Sloth2016 wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Sloth2016 wrote: »
    Green it up!

47w6agiwtc39.jpg

Either you've reused this picture, or you may have a drinking problem. It's the middle of the day for pete's sake. I guess that's why they call you sloth :tongue:

Do I detect a bit of "Green with envy" :wink:

How did you figure it out? Am I wearing my jealous hater avi again? :open_mouth:
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    i blend cauliflower, spinach, kale. apple to sweeten.
    delicious
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I do spinach, kale, almond milk, berries, and flax seeds these days. If I want more calories I add a half an avocado.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I have never had green beer, but have heard good things.

I could never bring myself to try green beer. The color just put me off.

Other green things I'd recommend against drinking: water from the Chicago River, even on St. Patrick's Day

60moeek1e242.jpg

That is stunning! Must be what they add to Mountain Dew.
  • VeganRaptor
    VeganRaptor Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I like using baby spinach as my smoothie base, then adding a banana, frozen or fresh mango, almonds, and chia seeds.
    It's also the perfect base to add in other yellow or green fruit and veg (as they won't discolour it- don't add berries unless you like a murky brown). I love adding things like pineapple, kiwis, and avocado!
    If you still need more protein, you could try something like a plain pea protein powder. I personally don't use any protein powders but I know some people need then if they're lifting etc :)
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    futureicon wrote: »
    Antifreeze-Green-1L.jpg

I get that everyone is having some fun with green drinks here, but telling someone to drink antifreeze crosses a line, imo.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I like using baby spinach as my smoothie base, then adding a banana, frozen or fresh mango, almonds, and chia seeds.
    It's also the perfect base to add in other yellow or green fruit and veg (as they won't discolour it- don't add berries unless you like a murky brown). I love adding things like pineapple, kiwis, and avocado!
    If you still need more protein, you could try something like a plain pea protein powder. I personally don't use any protein powders but I know some people need then if they're lifting etc :)

That's the benefit of strawberries -- they don't mess up the color.

Of course, I've resigned myself to not minding a less appealing color sometimes, since I like all berries, especially blueberries. Or going with red and using beets and raspberries or cherries. The greens don't screw up the color of those.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

That's the benefit of strawberries -- they don't mess up the color.

Of course, I've resigned myself to not minding a less appealing color sometimes, since I like all berries, especially blueberries. Or going with red and using beets and raspberries or cherries. The greens don't screw up the color of those.

The different colours have never fazed me either. I love adding blueberries, even occasionally some cocoa powder. The colour is not appealing, but the taste!