Could your last ex (spouse, girlfriend/boyfriend) do the eulogy at your funeral?

Options

Replies

• Ben_there_done_that
    Options
    Most definitely not. I don't think she even knew where I lived. :D
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    i am about 15+ years removed from my most recent ex, so i don't think she could do an effective one anymore.
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    My ex-husband would be more than happy to do it! He loves to do anything that involves him being the center of attention. :D
  • THS2SHALLPASS
    THS2SHALLPASS Posts: 1,569 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    mine would want too but she wont be allowed too! my coach and mentor since I was in youth football, and my sons current football coach which is also the pastor at our church will be the one doing it!
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Sure, but only if my current husband were dead. He's a good guy and he's my kids dad, and I think he's be very sweet.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    He would and it would be lovely actually I think it would b too hard for him to do it he'd cry too much

• STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Some of you should be back with your Ex....I'm just saying ********runs out of room***********
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    STLBADGIRL wrote: »
    Some of you should be back with your Ex....I'm just saying ********runs out of room***********

My ex is an alcoholic so I'll pass haha
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    captbklee wrote: »

I think ex's always keep track of their ex's in one way or another and social media makes it so easy....UNLESS it was a baaaaaaaaaaaaaad break up.
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »

My ex is an alcoholic so I'll pass haha

Ok, because you were on my "get back with ex list".....but I guess there is always a reason an ex is an ex.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Why the hell not? I won't be there.
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    Nope. Mine couldn't have given one while we were dating. He was too self-absorbed to ever learn who I really was. Enough things have changed and enough time has passed that if he gave my eulogy (which I doubt he would consent to do if asked), he'd botch it horribly.
    captbklee wrote: »

I think ex's always keep track of their ex's in one way or another and social media makes it so easy....UNLESS it was a baaaaaaaaaaaaaad break up.

I keep track of him in the sense that I know he's still living in the city he moved to. I couldn't care less if he's dating anyone or happy or miserable or any of that, I just don't want to be taken by surprise if he moves back here and I start running into him. I think I'd have a hard time being polite.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,497 Member
    Options
    _MistahJ_ wrote: »
    She wouldn't care enough.

Same here.

Frankly, I would be surprised if she remembered my middle name or my birthday.

Truth is, I don't remember her birthday.

*shrug
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Honestly, mine probably would. We don't know each other anymore really, but he seems to drop in here and there. Especially when he's drunk to apologize for something he did when we were together. But it would be an inaccurate eulogy bc we aren't close anymore and I've changed. BUT he's got more charisma than anyone I know and has no problem being center of attention, hell, if he went I'd probably have a much better turn out in general. I'm a bit of a mystery and I do think he probably knows me best even if it is a different version of me.
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    Why the hell not? I won't be there.

Ha! I love this!!!
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. Well, she would make the funeral very interesting since I never introduced her to my family (only female I ever actually dated). She's very artist and creative though, she could totally pull it off.
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    My friend is so bitter over her last break up, I would hope she never had a platform to talk about her ex. She even went to the extent of having t shirts printed about him and blasted him on that website for cheaters.
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    Hmmm. Well, she would make the funeral very interesting since I never introduced her to my family (only female I ever actually dated). She's very artist and creative though, she could totally pull it off.

Do you think she could pull it off without letting the cat out of the bag?
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

Do you think she could pull it off without letting the cat out of the bag?

Probably not, lol
  • PowerMan40
    PowerMan40 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    No, I dont think either of my ex's would want to ...