Could your last ex (spouse, girlfriend/boyfriend) do the eulogy at your funeral?

Options
STLBADGIRL
STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
And why or why not?

We had this conversation at work and the responses were, lets say, interesting. So, I thought I would ask you guys.

Replies

• STLBADGIRL
    Options
    _MistahJ_ wrote: »
    She wouldn't care enough.

Awww man. Did you piss her off?
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    Well, I'm still friends with him and he's always only ever been nice to me but we don't speak very often so I more so think it would be really weird that he did it rather than my fiance or family member.

Ha....I know that's the right thing to do, but for the sake of the thread, would he have good or bad things to say about you?
  • Pathman1
    Pathman1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    She knows me well enough to do it, but I sure wouldn't want her to. Heck, I wouldn't even want her to attend.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    He'd have no interest in doing so I'm sure.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    I want one of those Stephen Hawking machines to read my eulogy... with a hot Filipina model typing it out.

• MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    My ex husband could, to a point. I've changed since we parted ways and we haven't kept in touch, so he doesn't know who I am now. If he was asked to do it, I think he would and it wouldn't be a crazy *kitten* show.
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    mine could. she can cry over anything at anytime, so it would be heartfelt and touching even if it was half fake
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    strozman wrote: »
    mine could. she can cry over anything at anytime, so it would be heartfelt and touching even if it was half fake

IDK why this made me laugh...
  • itsalifestylenotadiet
    Options
    As someone who watched her ex kill himself over the years with alcohol (drugs were part of the equation for over 7 years but I was finally able to get him to kick that habit). No, not that I hated him because I didn't, I loved him with all my heart and stayed for 23 years of the 28 that I knew him. I took care of him for the last 5 years of that 28 even though I left for the third and final time. Our children and grandchildren, weren't even enough to get him to stop drinking and save his own life. Alcohol addiction sucks, he passed one week after his 49th birthday in July of 2009 and is missing out on his children and grandchildren. Life was hard, and there was no way I could speak at his funeral, because even though we knew he was dying since 2001, it was devastating to all of us.
  • itsalifestylenotadiet
    Options
    Oops, I read that as can you do your ex spouses eulogy
  • louann_jude
    louann_jude Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Lol mine would and he would break out with the song from Wizard of Oz,

Ding dong the witch is dead, lol.
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options

Sorry for your loss. I'm sure that would have been hard.
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    Lol mine would and he would break out with the song from Wizard of Oz,

Ding dong the witch is dead, lol.

Oh nooooo. LOL....
  • chilli
    chilli Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Because of other issues I wouldn't even WANT him at my funeral let alone speak at it!That reminds me, I must get that written into my will ....
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    actually, he'd be the perfect person...i mean, IF he doesn't still hate me...
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Probably not. If something were to happen to me, she would probably be on the Suspect list.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Nope. The most we've ever talked was when we broke up. Never date a shy person if you're shy yourself.
  • itsalifestylenotadiet
    Options
    STLBADGIRL wrote: »

Sorry for your loss. I'm sure that would have been hard.

Thank you, it's all good though. He's in a great place and not fighting demons.