Is this an improvement?

Options
RobM97
RobM97 Posts: 12 Member
I have had problems with my weight all my life and gaining weight is really hard. I do know I have to stay is a calorie surplus but it's easier saying it that doing it. I've decided instead of dirty bulking I'm going to take it slow and bulk healthy with all the right foods to try and lower my body fat and gain some good muscle. It's been 15 days of doing this and here are my results.

Before:

1fnjxedj6uyh.png

After 15 days:

szy0qyckha7s.png

I'm just wondering if people think I should stay and clean bulk I know it's a slow process. I'm also wondering if people think I've lost weight or gained weight in the 15 days I've been trying this and just an overall opinion on what I should do.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    have you gained weight in those 15 days?
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Well done for changing room/lighting in 15 days. OP it is going to take months/years to achieve any solid muscular gains. Taking it slow is a good plan though.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    You don't look like you've lost weight.
  • RobM97
    Options

No, I don't expect to but I've dropped body fat it was more of an advice question on weather I should carry on or dirty bulk.

• RobM97
    Options

I think as I'm finding it harder to eat these healthy food some days I don't eat enough and feel as though I'm getting nowhere
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    RobM97 wrote: »

No, I don't expect to but I've dropped body fat it was more of an advice question on weather I should carry on or dirty bulk.

So you're doing recomp at the moment?

Depends if you're happy to carry on as you are or actually bulk?
  • TavistockToad
    Options

I think as I'm finding it harder to eat these healthy food some days I don't eat enough and feel as though I'm getting nowhere

Hit your protein and fat minimums, hit your calories... a doughnut or a burger doesn't negate the nutritional benefits of whatever fruit and veg and 'clean' stuff you've already eaten.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options

So you're doing recomp at the moment?

Depends if you're happy to carry on as you are or actually bulk?

Right, OP it looks like you might be confusing Body Recomp with Bulking.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I have had problems with my weight all my life and gaining weight is really hard. I do know I have to stay is a calorie surplus but it's easier saying it that doing it. I've decided instead of dirty bulking I'm going to take it slow and bulk healthy with all the right foods to try and lower my body fat and gain some good muscle. It's been 15 days of doing this and here are my results.

Before:

1fnjxedj6uyh.png

After 15 days:

szy0qyckha7s.png

I'm just wondering if people think I should stay and clean bulk I know it's a slow process. I'm also wondering if people think I've lost weight or gained weight in the 15 days I've been trying this and just an overall opinion on what I should do.

Slow gains are the best gains. Wanna know why? Because then you know they're there to stay and not going to go away the moment you forget to drink too much water, do a little cardio or eat a little less. They are muscle gains. Honestly, the comparison pictures you posted are far from ideal. The lighting changed which does wonders for muscular presentation. Just keep at it. Eat at a surplus and lift heavy. Give every lift all you've got and you will go far.