What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    I was wondering how many of you guys likes psychology

By 'you guys' do you mean people in general, or really just the guys?
    I love to try to figure out why someone does what they do. I wish I'd taken some Psychology courses when I was much younger because now I don't have the amount of working neurons that I used to have. :/
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options

I find it fascinating.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Only 1 week into this hard lockdown, feels like an eternity. Have 5 more to go..

Curfew
    Mandatory masks (I'm pro-mask)
    Forced closure of business
    Cannot visit friends or family

Feels like a modern dystopia.

I agree that we need to stop the spread but its such a high price to pay! and I'm one of the lucky ones (still working and making ends meet).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYpw8wv0Guo

I think we have the harshest rules, especially for a Western country. I wonder people from other countries think of this. Legit curious.
  • Melissa50s
    Melissa50s Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I’ve been considering working on a psychology degree. I work in the Mental Health department for a school system.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options

I like some of Carl Jung's books. Scary how much insight that guy had.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    Me: Harry Potter should have died, I think it would have made for a much better story...

Coworker: Yeah in like the first *kitten* book...

😂😂😂... That was funny
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

Why would you ask such a question ?

Did your parents neglect you ?
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options

I didnt care for it my first 3 years as a patient but that changed once I became a "high-risk".
  • Thearchybunker78
    Thearchybunker78 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Damn I have pee and this semi is NOT a smooth ride!
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    6x4ktnt5j18z.gif
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    I've been finding myself being more active on here lately. I honestly don't like that but life will become much more hectic starting next week and it will leave me not much time to waste on here but its a very much welcomed intrusion.
  • redlipzlittlehipz
    redlipzlittlehipz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    The physical consequences of time travel and if I could just simply put the knowledge and memeories I have now into my past child brain.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    I've been finding myself being more active on here lately. I honestly don't like that but life will become much more hectic starting next week and it will leave me not much time to waste on here but its a very much welcomed intrusion.

its like the hotel california. you can check out any time you want, but you can never leave.

Stop making so much sense! But if I ever leave just know you had the best quote I've ever read on a mutuals friend update. It said "these hoes ain't loyal" Which made me automatically go add Loyal to my playlist.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »

its like the hotel california. you can check out any time you want, but you can never leave.

Stop making so much sense! But if I ever leave just know you had the best quote I've ever read on a mutuals friend update. It said "these hoes ain't loyal" Which made me automatically go add Loyal to my playlist.

qVbUArb.gif
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Only 1 week into this hard lockdown, feels like an eternity. Have 5 more to go..

Curfew
    Mandatory masks (I'm pro-mask)
    Forced closure of business
    Cannot visit friends or family

Feels like a modern dystopia.

I agree that we need to stop the spread but its such a high price to pay! and I'm one of the lucky ones (still working and making ends meet).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYpw8wv0Guo

I think we have the harshest rules, especially for a Western country. I wonder people from other countries think of this. Legit curious.

Get used to it, I'm betting you've got more than 5 weeks to go unless those numbers start coming down. I'm pretty sure NSW will be following you in the not too distant future 😔
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Options
    School is starting for my daughter in 3 weeks and I have no idea what's going on 😅 So far, the only thing I know is that the kids will only be going to school 3 times a week and the 2 other days will do School from home. This is so ridiculous.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    School is starting for my daughter in 3 weeks and I have no idea what's going on 😅 So far, the only thing I know is that the kids will only be going to school 3 times a week and the 2 other days will do School from home. This is so ridiculous.

Ha... that tells me that there was a room full of people, half who wanted full-time attendance & the other half who wanted full-time stay at home skoolin'.

So, they compromised; which by itself, is a full scale cluster.
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Ha... that tells me that there was a room full of people, half who wanted full-time attendance & the other half who wanted full-time stay at home skoolin'.

So, they compromised; which by itself, is a full scale cluster.

Yupe 🤣 imagine when flu season starts. 🤦‍♀️ we'll only find out maybe the week before school starts if they'll have a bus to take them to school. For me it's ok because I'm not working yet but I can imagine how stressful it's going to be for parents who can't drive their kids to school.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    For about 2-3 months I’ve been having dreams involving my ex husband.
    They are not pleasant dreams.
    I usually wake up pissed at him.
    I am tired of having them.