What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    Tigg_er wrote: »
    Bitcoin is crashing again. Was thinking of buying when it bottoms out. Don’t know how low it will go. It’s so risky though. I can’t help but think there are just a few big players in there rigging it for there own gain. Buying massive amounts, generate the hype bubble nd then sell back most of it to the American Dollar, crashing it

Agree ,,, My opinion--bitcoin is a fallacy based on B/S with no real assets to back the valuation !

Yeah, but if you time it right you can be rolling in it. Problem is you have to be privy with the Powers that Be to do that. Its not a long term investment for sure.
  • Hobo_Flow
    Hobo_Flow Posts: 18 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Bitcoin is crashing again. Was thinking of buying when it bottoms out. Don’t know how low it will go. It’s so risky though. I can’t help but think there are just a few big players in there rigging it for there own gain. Buying massive amounts, generate the hype bubble nd then sell back most of it to the American Dollar, crashing it

I've wondered the same thing. Wouldn't surprise me the people who got lucky and now tout themselves as "gurus" and sell professional trading courses, have something to do with it. Perhaps they amass a following, then hype it at the right times and cash out.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Hobo_Flow wrote: »

I've wondered the same thing. Wouldn't surprise me the people who got lucky and now tout themselves as "gurus" and sell professional trading courses, have something to do with it. Perhaps they amass a following, then hype it at the right times and cash out.

I can see this...and a crazy movie will be made about it some day...Leonardo decaprio's 2.o will play one of the head "gurus"
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options

Agree ,,, My opinion--bitcoin is a fallacy based on B/S with no real assets to back the valuation !

Yeah, but if you time it right you can be rolling in it. Problem is you have to be privy with the Powers that Be to do that. Its not a long term investment for sure.

It can definitely be a swing trade !! But even the charts show no rhyme or reason. To me there are too many Market Makers involved with no real control or reporting ! It moves with tweets hahahah
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    Gates Backs Blackstone’s $4.3 Billion Bid for Jet-Base Operator
    By Christopher Jasper , Anthony Palazzo , and Dinesh Nair
    January 8, 2021, 2:35 AM EST
    Updated on January 8, 2021, 11:27 AM

Carlyle, GIP also weighing offers for Signature Aviation
    Private-jet base operator has thrived during Covid-19 pandemic

Bill Gates joined the battle for Signature Aviation Plc, allying with Blackstone Group Inc. in a $4.3 billion approach for the world’s biggest operator of private jet bases.
    Gates’s Cascade Investment LLC, the biggest shareholder in Signature Aviation.

HYPOCRITE!
    Those private jets don’t run on electricity or solar power.
    Remember, the rules don’t apply to him.
    I don’t believe a word he says.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options

It can definitely be a swing trade !! But even the charts show no rhyme or reason. To me there are too many Market Makers involved with no real control or reporting ! It moves with tweets hahahah

I spent the holiday reviewing my portfolio to fix any gaps (after not touching it or looking at it all 2020). Wealthsimple (one of the places I've dealt with since they first emerged) started offering the ability to easily buy BitCoin a few months ago.

I'll let my teen son "play around" with that account. As for me, I decided to dip my toes in dividend stocks so I can DRIP. Boring but more reliable 🤷🏾‍♀️
  • PlentyofProtein00
    Options
    CaramonM wrote: »
    I read on here someone say, "Stop matching your socks". This is already improving my life. I agree. It's pointless.

✋id like to take credit for that :#
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,571 Member
    Options
    I read on here someone say, "Stop matching your socks". This is already improving my life. I agree. It's pointless.

I match mine in category. So, similar shape and style / brand, base color, color accent match optional.

Unless I'm really feeling wild. Then I'll go COMPLETELY opposite. And feel like a rebel all day... Until I'm unexpectedly asked to take off my shoes.
  • CaramonM
    CaramonM Posts: 263 Member
    Options

I match mine in category. So, similar shape and style / brand, base color, color accent match optional.

Unless I'm really feeling wild. Then I'll go COMPLETELY opposite. And feel like a rebel all day... Until I'm unexpectedly asked to take off my shoes.

Mine are all very similar, and just have very minor decorative marks.

Now that I don't have to complete the puzzle after laundry, I feel so free! :smile: lol
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I wanna just buy a bunch of the exact same socks and never have to think about it again. I've been on the no matching train forever but most of my pants are tight on the ankle and you can definitely see that they don't match.
  • CaramonM
    CaramonM Posts: 263 Member
    Options

Now that I don't have to complete the puzzle after laundry, I feel so free! :smile: lol

Wanna up level?

My two children and I all have similar foot sizes. We have one communal sock bucket. All socks go in there. No more sorting, no more individual drawers. None of that. One bucket, all sock pairs. And one tiny bucket for mismatched. Sometimes we'll just roll the dice and pick two mismatched socks.

And the bucket is on the main floor because we're a bunch of sockless wonders and remain barefoot most times. We need them shortly before we leave the house, so they're near the door.

Now sometimes we may have a few pair upstairs... But for the most part... One bucket. Main floor.

Thank you for attending my Ted talk.

Oh this is good.

I think my feet are too big to pull this off at this time, however.

I also can't rock pink socks.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    Options

Wanna up level?

My two children and I all have similar foot sizes. We have one communal sock bucket. All socks go in there. No more sorting, no more individual drawers. None of that. One bucket, all sock pairs. And one tiny bucket for mismatched. Sometimes we'll just roll the dice and pick two mismatched socks.

And the bucket is on the main floor because we're a bunch of sockless wonders and remain barefoot most times. We need them shortly before we leave the house, so they're near the door.

Now sometimes we may have a few pair upstairs... But for the most part... One bucket. Main floor.

Thank you for attending my Ted talk.

Oh this is good.

I think my feet are too big to pull this off at this time, however.

I also can't rock pink socks.

Anyone can rock pink socks :) especially if you have a garage gym.

I absolutely love the idea of a sock bucket on the main floor😂
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »
    I wanna just buy a bunch of the exact same socks and never have to think about it again. I've been on the no matching train forever but most of my pants are tight on the ankle and you can definitely see that they don't match.

That's what I was doing for so long. Then my sister and her dd started buying me expensive Darn Tough Socks, guaranteed for life. Back to matching but it's worth it. :)
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    p9wbg7sbwrok.gif
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Look Up ;)
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »
    I always post when I'm sad but I've been on a good mood streak. Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself. *knocks on wood * I wonder if it's the sleep meditation videos. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Maybe my hormones just leveled out who knows. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I'm not complaining! 😁 Hope everyone else is having a good day too *big uncomfortable group hug *

This makes me happy