What's on your mind?

Replies

• TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    i386DX wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »
    I have an urge to start a thread asking what people's ghost outfit would be if they died right now BUT I WON'T! :)

All that pain sounds so scary. Take it easy. Watch a good movie. Eat comfort food.

😂 I love this. At this point everyone’s in pjs or dressed to the nines. I’m half and half since I’m just at home. Gold and black mini dress with velvet pj bottoms bc it’s cold.

That's a new sentence.

I feel that if @glassyo ever started that thread it'd be quite popular but probably just turn into another selfie thread and unfortunately people would dress up for it on purpose.

She should start it anyway.

I have to and pass out, it's 3.30am, and is 2023 in England. That's right Americans, I'm writing to you from the future, wooooo.

Just wanted to drunkenly stop by and say hello. Goodnight, I wish you all a fabulous year.

Good night. Sleep well
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    How it is so much easier mentally to exercise outside than inside
  • SundryCoder
    SundryCoder Posts: 468 Member
    After a few years some things change, but some things never do.
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    ,.;-!:&,&,
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,756 Member
    ,.;-!:&,&,
    I understand completely
  • SundryCoder
    I have been without a kitchen for five months and I am going to finally place the order for a new kitchen this week. It'll still take a few months before it arrives and is installed. But, I feel like it is an accomplishment.
  • cmsienk
    I have been without a kitchen for five months and I am going to finally place the order for a new kitchen this week. It'll still take a few months before it arrives and is installed. But, I feel like it is an accomplishment.
    That is a long time to be without a kitchen. I hope the install goes quickly
  • SundryCoder
    cmsienk wrote: »
    That is a long time to be without a kitchen. I hope the install goes quickly

Thank you, me too. 2022 has been rough with the house. It's almost brand new.
    They are coming to measure the 5th to get exact requirements to order the cabinets and accessories.
    It should take 2 or 3 months to get here and about 4 weeks to install everything. (Unfortunately, not just my kitchen was affected)
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,399 Member
    The coffee I dumped on myself. I knew the stupid measuring cup was a mistake.
  • cmsienk
    Ouch! I hope it didn't burn you
  • Alinouveau2
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Ouch! I hope it didn't burn you

Luckily this coffee machine doesn't brew it scalding hot!

In my panic I decided I should use a towel to collect the coffee still coming out 😂 so now there's more laundry being done
  • Alinouveau2
    How nice the house is with Christmas taken down and having just cleaned it all. Although I need to teach the boy how to make his own bed
  • SmoothShifting
    SmoothShifting Posts: 5 Member
    What a strange society. I wonder if it's just a western thing. There's all this psychology about narcissism, love bombing, but then you turn on a music radio station and almost all the hit songs are doing the very thing your psychological studies warn against! "Baby I just met you but I think I already love you, there's something you just do to me, you're so beautiful, etc." 🤮. Your society glorifies in pop music the very thing your psychology warns about
  • What a strange society. I wonder if it's just a western thing. There's all this psychology about narcissism, love bombing, but then you turn on a music radio station and almost all the hit songs are doing the very thing your psychological studies warn against! "Baby I just met you but I think I already love you, there's something you just do to me, you're so beautiful, etc." 🤮. Your society glorifies in pop music the very thing your psychology warns about

You trying to say Euro-pop or K-pop or any other lyrical music doesn't do the same thing? Movies and TV for that matter. That stuff is everywhere. If you listen real close though, each and every one will tell you how they are the exception and not the rule. All of them.
  • SundryCoder
    What a strange society. I wonder if it's just a western thing. There's all this psychology about narcissism, love bombing, but then you turn on a music radio station and almost all the hit songs are doing the very thing your psychological studies warn against! "Baby I just met you but I think I already love you, there's something you just do to me, you're so beautiful, etc." 🤮. Your society glorifies in pop music the very thing your psychology warns about

Maybe the psychology is what is wrong and not the music?
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited January 2023
    The molecular and cellular changes that take place in the brain of a person with Alzheimer’s disease.
  • Alinouveau2
    The funeral for the super young cop whose funeral is today
  • SmoothShifting

You trying to say Euro-pop or K-pop or any other lyrical music doesn't do the same thing? Movies and TV for that matter. That stuff is everywhere. If you listen real close though, each and every one will tell you how they are the exception and not the rule. All of them.

No, no, not trying to say that. You're right, that junk is prevalent the world over. It's just on the one hand there is so much psychology being spewed about "beware of narcissists, love bombing, red flags to look out for, etc" but then you watch a movie or listen to the radio and its song after song glorifying and promoting the very thing you were just warned of being careful of. It is a sickness :D
  • SmoothShifting

Maybe the psychology is what is wrong and not the music?

I don't know. But I also don't pay too much mind to "psychology." And lately it seems like the term narcissist is being used a little too much and kinda loose. Like if a person is hurt by someone, they'll take things about the other person and use it as a definition of what "narcissist" means. Or something like that. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say