What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    My furnace needs to be looked at by a professional & the last time I got the only man in 5 towns who does this work he walked around my kitchen as I was writing out the check, asked me if I’m EYE talian, & LIFTED A LID OFF A POT TO LOOK INSIDE. i can’t do this again. God help me

WHAT WAS IN THE POt?! Don't leave us hanging.

♥️♥️
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    My furnace needs to be looked at by a professional & the last time I got the only man in 5 towns who does this work he walked around my kitchen as I was writing out the check, asked me if I’m EYE talian, & LIFTED A LID OFF A POT TO LOOK INSIDE. i can’t do this again. God help me

WHAT WAS IN THE POt?! Don't leave us hanging.

♥️♥️
    It’s a cast iron dutch oven and it was empty 😂
    Eta: I want to add that you’re probably the person on here who would best understand how uncomfortable I was with someone walking around with dirty shoes invading my space in the kitchen and asking me personal questions and touching my food items. Thank you for being here
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,194 Member
    Options
    The article I read about a rogue wave hitting a cruise ship doing an expedition to Antarctica and killing one passenger. Yikes!
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I put my 15-year-old in charge of the advent calendar this year. He bought the treats ( my money), is writing the notes, & filling the cubbies. I am happily retired. Now I lie on the couch and read A Christmas Carol aloud while they decorate. It’s so good.
  • Peachesnstuff
    Options
    I put my 15-year-old in charge of the advent calendar this year. He bought the treats ( my money), is writing the notes, & filling the cubbies. I am happily retired. Now I lie on the couch and read A Christmas Carol aloud while they decorate. It’s so good.

Scooch
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Thinking about people who get back with their ex.

My cynical interpretation: You weren’t happy with what you had. Found your choices “out there” weren’t any better. Now you’ve decided to settle because it’s better than nothing.

• Peachesnstuff
    Options

My cynical interpretation: You weren’t happy with what you had. Found your choices “out there” weren’t any better. Now you’ve decided to settle because it’s better than nothing.

My two cents - I think some people romanticize the relationship after it's ended. Suddenly they're left with all the good memories from the
    relationship. Then they go back and remember why said relationship wasn't good for them. Or they think things will be better. Or they're settling bc he has long arms 😉

• TwitchyMagee
    Options

My two cents - I think some people romanticize the relationship after it's ended. Suddenly they're left with all the good memories from the
    relationship. Then they go back and remember why said relationship wasn't good for them. Or they think things will be better. Or they're settling bc he has long arms 😉
    I’d like to hear more about the arms…
  • Peachesnstuff
    Options

lybirzwhv248.gif
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

lybirzwhv248.gif
    Well, that’s a mouthful
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options

Some ppl just can’t be alone - I’ve seen this happen with my mom - she went back to my dad after like 30 years - and he’s still the same drunk she left all those years ago - hasn’t changed - but I don’t think either want to die alone - and I think they are just comfortable with each other 🤷‍♂️ - 2nd is my ex - she divorced her 2nd husband last year and is currently dating him again- my kids can’t stand the dude but that doesn’t matter - I believe she fits the scenario you listed above to a tee - before she married him she called me crying asking if I’d take her back - that was a hard pass - a month later she married him - ppl be crazy yo - I think I’d rather die alone then ever settle again
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

Some ppl just can’t be alone - I’ve seen this happen with my mom - she went back to my dad after like 30 years - and he’s still the same drunk she left all those years ago - hasn’t changed - but I don’t think either want to die alone - and I think they are just comfortable with each other 🤷‍♂️ - 2nd is my ex - she divorced her 2nd husband last year and is currently dating him again- my kids can’t stand the dude but that doesn’t matter - I believe she fits the scenario you listed above to a tee - before she married him she called me crying asking if I’d take her back - that was a hard pass - a month later she married him - ppl be crazy yo - I think I’d rather die alone then ever settle again
    Especially when you’re an interesting person and know how to entertain yourself. It’s just not worth being with people who bring you down

• cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

Especially when you’re an interesting person and know how to entertain yourself. It’s just not worth being with people who bring you down

Word I tell my kids all the time - surround yourself with ppl that bring joy to your life - if they are a buzz kill don’t stress about that friendship and let it go - it took me way too long to figure this out - but no one ever talked to me about it either - so I just like to put the notion in their head now - and hopefully they learn sooner than i did - currently only my middle daughter abides by the philosophy

• Alinouveau2
    Options
    Why is there construction everywhere!!?? Trying to find parking downtown while I wait is impossible
  • Kenn1414
    Kenn1414 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Why is there construction everywhere!!?? Trying to find parking downtown while I wait is impossible

Because public planning is all about making everyone's life miserable lol. Will never forget the day where they decided to start all the roadworks on my side of town the same day schools came back from the summer. Everyone was late to my office that day lol
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    Kenn1414 wrote: »

Because public planning is all about making everyone's life miserable lol. Will never forget the day where they decided to start all the roadworks on my side of town the same day schools came back from the summer. Everyone was late to my office that day lol

It's so true like why completely block off every road leading to a parking garage. I suspect they're catching up from locking down for Covid and now are against the gun because of winter but my goodness so dumb
  • Kenn1414
    Options

It's so true like why completely block off every road leading to a parking garage. I suspect they're catching up from locking down for Covid and now are against the gun because of winter but my goodness so dumb

I don't know where you're from but for me, there's not even much point of doing them now. Literally the moment the roads get icy it's just going to ruin it!
  • Alinouveau2
    Options

I don't know where you're from but for me, there's not even much point of doing them now. Literally the moment the roads get icy it's just going to ruin it!

I'm in Canada so the push is on to get it all done before snow. Winter comes every year you'd think they'd rememer this
  • Kenn1414
    Options

I'm in Canada so the push is on to get it all done before snow. Winter comes every year you'd think they'd rememer this

Exactly! I live in Michigan, not too far from the border, and it's like this happens every year. Why are we scheduling these works for stupid times and then acting all surprised pikachu face when it doesn't last!?
  • Peachesnstuff
    Options
    I wish everyone I met came with a 30 second trailer so I could see what I was getting myself into