What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 4,019 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    Friend requests here, I basically delete them all...I have like 5 friends I don't interact with really...I don't need any more friends to ignore 🤣. I'm not going to follow your progress on your wall, I don't need encouragement so I just don't see the point in friends here. I made some before here who are still good friends but that ship has sailed.

Most members ignore updates anyway or they dont interact at all blaming the algorithm of the app so you're not missing out much 😂

I just don't see the point of them adding people if that's the case. 🤷
    I also hate the usual first message of rah rah I'm gonna help you get less fat...um no 🤣😂🤣 and all the more power if this is what motivates you....I'm just not that way.

I think we've been using this app long enough to know better now 😂🤣
    Friend requests here, I basically delete them all...I have like 5 friends I don't interact with really...I don't need any more friends to ignore 🤣. I'm not going to follow your progress on your wall, I don't need encouragement so I just don't see the point in friends here. I made some before here who are still good friends but that ship has sailed.

Most members ignore updates anyway or they dont interact at all blaming the algorithm of the app so you're not missing out much 😂

Wait a minute, there’s an algorithm here? Mine just glitches every time I get to the first set of ads and boots me up to the top of the feed again. If this is considered an algorithm I am💀.

😂

I'm pretty sure they've blamed ancestors as well 🤣

I also hate the usual first message of rah rah I'm gonna help you get less fat...um no 🤣😂🤣 and all the more power if this is what motivates you....I'm just not that way.
    I find that accountability/motivation from other people only works for me if I know, like, and respect the other people. I have to actually have some kind of relationship with them for it to be meaningful at all. Most people on the Internet are just randoms and their opinion doesn’t matter that much to me and therefore their encouragement doesn’t matter that much to me.

Last week I did ask a couple of friends to text me in the afternoon to check on my gym plans because their opinions & support actually matter to me. That said, I couldn’t do that very often. It was a stopgap measure to help me when I was feeling low. Mostly, I have to rely on my own internal reasons to keep going

Most of my efriends on here I've known for years and to this day they still motivate me to keep going but getting close to people, that doesn't interest me anymore.

Yes to the bold!!
    I keep this account cause I have a friend here who messages me only here. I have other friends from here but they message elsewhere. I've actually met several in person so it makes sense to not just communicate here. We send Christmas and birthday gifts even! And the forums are just a fun way to kill time when I'm avoiding my laundry fairy duties

I guess since I spent my teenage years being athletic and basically being told what to do now I just find that incredibly unmotivating.

We're all different. But this all was just to basically say, and I suspect it's true for others, if you send a friend request it's not you, it's me and I'll be deleted

That’s really cool. I love that you’ve made genuine friendships. I have most of the people important to me outside of here now. There are a few holdouts. My FriendRequester is broken and I don’t add people often anyway anymore. Hard to keep up. I wouldn’t say I get motivation from people here. I knew to be serious about any of this I couldn’t let anything outside of myself keep me going. No gym buddies, no nothing else to depend on. Not to say I don’t LOVE the encouragement people have given me. It means the world. I do get inspiration from people. It does make me happy to see people succeed. I would say I’d give up the forums (and I have for times) before I gave up on the wall side. People are really nice to me there. Although interactions all around (including myself) have gone down.

Anyways, you didn’t ask. But it was fun to think about. And I really loved reading other peoples takes on this. Thank you!

It's neat to hear others' motivations. I often think
    I'm weird cause I don't like a fun buddy. Well if I were to go to the gym haha too much pressure to do something not on my terms. I'm like that with the rink if I really want to work hard I go when no one else will be there so I can do whatever I want. Maybe I'm just selfish 🤣

Although I do like encouraging people I just don't want it back...I'm weird

My oldest boy and I are similar in that we both try to go to the gym when there is no one there. I’m not as crazy as he is because he’ll go at two in the morning to avoid people. I sometimes wonder if this is actually detrimental because it has something to do with not being open to accepting
    help. I’m probably just over analyzing again
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,060 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

I’m more of a - “what are your fitness goals” kinda guy - then I move into sharing recipes and what not -

I don’t know if it’s just because I’ve “known” you for so long or what it is, but to me you do not feel superficial. I don’t know how to say this right. But you are good people And you can go ahead and send me some recipes

Just sent you my latest instapot banger 😎

• Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options

I think we've been using this app long enough to know better now 😂🤣

Wait a minute, there’s an algorithm here? Mine just glitches every time I get to the first set of ads and boots me up to the top of the feed again. If this is considered an algorithm I am💀.

😂

I'm pretty sure they've blamed ancestors as well 🤣

I find that accountability/motivation from other people only works for me if I know, like, and respect the other people. I have to actually have some kind of relationship with them for it to be meaningful at all. Most people on the Internet are just randoms and their opinion doesn’t matter that much to me and therefore their encouragement doesn’t matter that much to me.

Last week I did ask a couple of friends to text me in the afternoon to check on my gym plans because their opinions & support actually matter to me. That said, I couldn’t do that very often. It was a stopgap measure to help me when I was feeling low. Mostly, I have to rely on my own internal reasons to keep going

Most of my efriends on here I've known for years and to this day they still motivate me to keep going but getting close to people, that doesn't interest me anymore.

Yes to the bold!!
    I keep this account cause I have a friend here who messages me only here. I have other friends from here but they message elsewhere. I've actually met several in person so it makes sense to not just communicate here. We send Christmas and birthday gifts even! And the forums are just a fun way to kill time when I'm avoiding my laundry fairy duties

I guess since I spent my teenage years being athletic and basically being told what to do now I just find that incredibly unmotivating.

We're all different. But this all was just to basically say, and I suspect it's true for others, if you send a friend request it's not you, it's me and I'll be deleted

That’s really cool. I love that you’ve made genuine friendships. I have most of the people important to me outside of here now. There are a few holdouts. My FriendRequester is broken and I don’t add people often anyway anymore. Hard to keep up. I wouldn’t say I get motivation from people here. I knew to be serious about any of this I couldn’t let anything outside of myself keep me going. No gym buddies, no nothing else to depend on. Not to say I don’t LOVE the encouragement people have given me. It means the world. I do get inspiration from people. It does make me happy to see people succeed. I would say I’d give up the forums (and I have for times) before I gave up on the wall side. People are really nice to me there. Although interactions all around (including myself) have gone down.

Anyways, you didn’t ask. But it was fun to think about. And I really loved reading other peoples takes on this. Thank you!

It's neat to hear others' motivations. I often think
    I'm weird cause I don't like a fun buddy. Well if I were to go to the gym haha too much pressure to do something not on my terms. I'm like that with the rink if I really want to work hard I go when no one else will be there so I can do whatever I want. Maybe I'm just selfish 🤣

Although I do like encouraging people I just don't want it back...I'm weird

My oldest boy and I are similar in that we both try to go to the gym when there is no one there. I’m not as crazy as he is because he’ll go at two in the morning to avoid people. I sometimes wonder if this is actually detrimental because it has something to do with not being open to accepting
    help. I’m probably just over analyzing again

Maybe he just feels a little insecure and like people would be watching him? Or just like being alone and in his own head and thoughts? Or he doesn't want help who knows 🤣
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    I don’t care how itchy or sticky you are, you don’t need to jiggle your junk while you’re talking to me
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,185 Member
    Options
    I don’t care how itchy or sticky you are, you don’t need to jiggle your junk while you’re talking to me
    sorry
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    sorry
    That’s different
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    My brain is having a hard time typing today. Must be the lack of sleep.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,060 Member
    Options

Might I suggest …

Reading a book maybe 🤔
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

Might I suggest …

Reading a book maybe 🤔

I figured you'd suggest sleep but a book might help put me to sleep so...
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Don’t eat borax

No matter how delicious it looks this is good advice

Good luck today
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Don’t eat borax

Good luck today
    Yes, good luck

I think it went well insofar as I spoke mostly intelligently without a lot of gobbledygook. I met three different people. It sounds like a pretty busy and somewhat stressful position but also interesting with room to grow. The commute might be a *kitten* though.

• Alinouveau2
    Options
    Don’t eat borax

Good luck today
    Don’t eat borax

Good luck today
    Yes, good luck

I think it went well insofar as I spoke mostly intelligently without a lot of gobbledygook. I met three different people. It sounds like a pretty busy and somewhat stressful position but also interesting with room to grow. The commute might be a *kitten* though.

Hooray. Good job!
    So what's the next step? Do you think the pros outweighed the *kitten* commute?
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Don’t eat borax

Good luck today
    Don’t eat borax

Good luck today
    Yes, good luck

Hooray. Good job!
    I’m not too sure. We have communicated via email since the interview and she has asked me to send two professional references and if I’d be available for an in person interview towards the middle of August. (We’re all on vacation for the next week or so.). I am having definite anxiety about giving up such a cushy position. I think I’m going to send them my references and then think about it for a day or two before I answer

Eta: also I want you to know that your encouragement has been wonderful. Thank you
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,358 Member
    Options
    Don’t eat borax

Good luck today
    Don’t eat borax

Good luck today
    Yes, good luck

Hooray. Good job!
    I’m not too sure. We have communicated via email since the interview and she has asked me to send two professional references and if I’d be available for an in person interview towards the middle of August. (We’re all on vacation for the next week or so.). I am having definite anxiety about giving up such a cushy position. I think I’m going to send them my references and then think about it for a day or two before I answer

Eta: also I want you to know that your encouragement has been wonderful. Thank you
    You're in a good position then - you're not desperate for this job. Enjoy your vacation - you deserve it. (Especially after all the fancy bad haircuts you're going to be giving - now that you've volunteered.) 😁
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Don’t eat borax

Good luck today
    Don’t eat borax

Good luck today
    Yes, good luck

Hooray. Good job!

You're in a good position then - you're not desperate for this job. Enjoy your vacation - you deserve it. (Especially after all the fancy bad
    haircuts you're going to be giving - now that
    you've volunteered.) 😁
    Thank you! It’s good to learn new things 😅

• Alinouveau2
    Options
    Don’t eat borax

Good luck today
    Don’t eat borax

Good luck today
    Yes, good luck

Hooray. Good job!

As @cmsienk you are in the best position with this. You basically hold all the cards. As my mom would tell me before any interview (and she worked in HR for a bit hiring people) an interview is you interviewing the prospective employer as much as they are you.

It's great that you don't need this job so if you don't feel it's a fit you can turn it down but how lucky are you that they want to proceed further.
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    Is there anyone here who knows anything about Nashville??? Of course I have volunteered to organize a group to go to this adult competition there win October partly so I can plan a fun outing for us all. Now I need to figure out a fun party spot
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,358 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Is there anyone here who knows anything about Nashville??? Of course I have volunteered to organize a group to go to this adult competition there win October partly so I can plan a fun outing for us all. Now I need to figure out a fun party spot
    https://www.assemblyfoodhall.com/
    I just worked on a program in Nashville and the client bought out this place for a private party. But I think it's open to the public on days it isn't booked for a private party
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    https://www.assemblyfoodhall.com/
    I just worked on a program in Nashville and the client bought out this place for a private party. But I think it's open to the public on days it isn't booked for a private party

Awesome thanks!!!!
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,185 Member
    Options
    hyye(veryone),

I’m sorry. I couldn’t help it. It’s a sickness.
  • spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Hey Mel! @MelG7777