What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    That I married a bottomless pit instead of a person. I just watched him consume a 5lb burger and a 1lb plate of fries for a challenge here. Time limit was 12 minutes and he wiped it out in 10. Most people barely pass with seconds left.

Yeesh.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    Mr_L33 wrote: »
    What a “bad” weekend

0wf35yum0cx6.jpeg

Black panther was ok. Think it was way too hyped up. Enjoyed it but did not exceed my expectations

You would have like it more if you had seen it earlier
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    happimess1 wrote: »
    What a “bad” weekend

0wf35yum0cx6.jpeg

Black panther was ok. Think it was way too hyped up. Enjoyed it but did not exceed my expectations

I hated black panther. Worst Marvel movie in a long time.

Everyone has their opinions. But you are wrong.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    What a “bad” weekend

0wf35yum0cx6.jpeg

Omg take that back

I am sure even if he could, he wouldn't... that zza looks good
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    What a “bad” weekend

0wf35yum0cx6.jpeg

Omg take that back

Hahahha

I dont think the movie was horrible though. I guess i was just expecting more entertainment rather than story. I get it they had to setup the history for the character, so if i look at it that way, its good. I like the entertainment factor for my marvel movies more.

I love a good story
  • relynne
    relynne Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I think I need to end it with the guy I've been seeing and...ugh. I just don't want to have that conversation.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    What a “bad” weekend

0wf35yum0cx6.jpeg

Omg take that back

Hahahha

I dont think the movie was horrible though. I guess i was just expecting more entertainment rather than story. I get it they had to setup the history for the character, so if i look at it that way, its good. I like the entertainment factor for my marvel movies more.

I love a good story

I do too. But i would like a good ratio. Black panther was like 90% story 10% action. I think they could of did away with a lot of the talking.

A good story works in the action
  • CarbsAndCoffee41
    CarbsAndCoffee41 Posts: 264 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Crazy week ahead of me
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    What a “bad” weekend

0wf35yum0cx6.jpeg

Omg take that back

Hahahha

I love a good story

I do too. But i would like a good ratio. Black panther was like 90% story 10% action. I think they could of did away with a lot of the talking.

I disagree. There were a few action sequences (I can think of four right off the bat) and I thought the dialogue mixed in with those nicely.

And with your complaint about it not feeling like a typical Marvel movie -- it shouldn't. Black Panther should feel differently than the other films because we're:

a. In a completely different country that has shielded themselves from the world.

b. Because of that shield, their culture hasn't been influenced by any other cultures.

c. A big complaint that people have is that all of the Marvel movies have exactly the same tone.

d. This film is a huge deal for many social reasons so it should[\i] feel different than the others. Had they made a movie that felt just like all of the others or would've done it a disservice.

This one is a phase one style movie and if you are in that mindset that's great. The stakes aren't the world or universe ending, which may make it seem less important but it isn't. Remember iron man when the stakes were just selling bad things to bad guys. It's a good reminder that other things are happening in the MCU that aren't massive catastrophes, but to the culture it would be.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    edited March 2018
    Options
    What a “bad” weekend

0wf35yum0cx6.jpeg

Omg take that back

Hahahha

I love a good story

I disagree. There were a few action sequences (I can think of four right off the bat) and I thought the dialogue mixed in with those nicely.

And with your complaint about it not feeling like a typical Marvel movie -- it shouldn't. Black Panther should feel differently than the other films because we're:

a. In a completely different country that has shielded themselves from the world.

b. Because of that shield, their culture hasn't been influenced by any other cultures.

c. A big complaint that people have is that all of the Marvel movies have exactly the same tone.

d. This film is a huge deal for many social reasons so it should feel different than the others. Had they made a movie that felt just like all of the others or would've done it a disservice.

Then action sequences were good. Way too short in my opinion for such a long movie

Ur right about ur 4 reasons. But it doesnt change the fact that it doesnt feel like a marvel movie. Maybe thats the point. Which is my point of not liking it as a marvel movie. Ill look at it as a standalone movie. As i said i did enjoyed it. But going in knowing its a marvel movie, was what let me down. Had i known that this movie was not supposed to b marvel like, then yes i can accept it.

Did you think ragnorok felt likr a marvel movie?

Also it keeps all the marvel tropes, definitely still a marvel movie, just with a different paint job
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    The fact that I need to sleep. I’m exhausted. And the clock is ticking. Alarm set for 4:30am.
    9mg melatonin down..
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Bedtime. G'night! :relaxed:
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    What a “bad” weekend

0wf35yum0cx6.jpeg

Omg take that back

Hahahha

I love a good story

d. This film is a huge deal for many social reasons so it should feel different than the others. Had they made a movie that felt just like all of the others or would've done it a disservice.

Then action sequences were good. Way too short in my opinion for such a long movie

Ur right about ur 4 reasons. But it doesnt change the fact that it doesnt feel like a marvel movie. Maybe thats the point. Which is my point of not liking it as a marvel movie. Ill look at it as a standalone movie. As i said i did enjoyed it. But going in knowing its a marvel movie, was what let me down. Had i known that this movie was not supposed to b marvel like, then yes i can accept it.

Did you think Ragnarok felt likr a marvel movie?

Also it keeps all the marvel tropes, definitely still a marvel movie, just with a different paint job

i had mixed feelings about ragnorok. i def found it entertaining, even watched it twice. but yes, i did find it to feel like a marvel movie.

ur right, its still a marvel movie with a diff paint job. that new paint job was something i did not fully enjoy. i still found it entertaining, and was well done, but just wasnt as good as everyone said it was ( to me ) .

And the way you are saying you felt about black panther is how i felt about ragnorok the first time. I even told my mom I'd like it more if it weren't a marvel movie. I feel differently now, but first impressions
  • Fitness_and_FODMAP
    Fitness_and_FODMAP Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Finished work at 7am, got home from work at 8:15am and I'm now sat watching the window waiting for my kettlebells to be delivered ... I'm just thinking to myself it's lucky that DPD are delivering between 9:15am & 10:15am because I'm tired and would probably fall asleep and miss the door if they were to deliver any later :D
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    What a “bad” weekend

0wf35yum0cx6.jpeg

Omg take that back

Hahahha

I love a good story

Did you think Ragnarok felt likr a marvel movie?

i had mixed feelings about ragnorok. i def found it entertaining, even watched it twice. but yes, i did find it to feel like a marvel movie.

ur right, its still a marvel movie with a diff paint job. that new paint job was something i did not fully enjoy. i still found it entertaining, and was well done, but just wasnt as good as everyone said it was ( to me ) .

And the way you are saying you felt about black panther is how i felt about ragnorok the first time. I even told my mom I'd like it more if it weren't a marvel movie. I feel differently now, but first impressions

I thought both Ragnorak and BP were good, I mean there not meant to be Braveheart or Hitchcock or anything like that...

I'm not expecting some great complex movie, I've learned to just lower my standards and enjoy them, mostly so I don't ruin them for my son...

Guardians of the Galaxy (both) were my favorite so far of the genre

For me BP had the Marvel feel if that's a thing, and I'm not upset if the movies change tone once in a while to give us something different