What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Stuck working a protest rally. Going to be eating junk today.

I really, really hate protesting..... I'm just not exactly sure how to let people know about it.

I hate having to be here on a scheduled day off and having to leave here and go directly to a friends wedding. Depending on how this plays out, making to the wedding may not happen.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options

I really, really hate protesting..... I'm just not exactly sure how to let people know about it.

Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to calm down.

Zip Tie him!
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options

I hate having to be here on a scheduled day off and having to leave here and go directly to a friends wedding. Depending on how this plays out, making to the wedding may not happen.

Sucks. Hope you get reimbursed w/ another free day and hope you make it to the wedding.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options

If you go there in your uniform ppl might think you're a stripper

:lol:
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

If he is truly your friend, he wouldn't want to have you sit thru a wedding on your day off.

Whenever, I had a friend invite me to his wedding, I would respond:

"okay, here's the thing, if I go to your wedding you're going to receive a crappy gift, like a dinner plate. If you're okay in me not wasting my time, I'll gift something you'll like..... and your new bride will probably hate; deal?"
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options

This is only if you were there. ;)
    caco_ethes wrote: »

Don’t feed the animals.

If he is truly your friend, he wouldn't want to have you sit thru a wedding on your day off.

"okay, here's the thing, if I go to your wedding you're going to receive a crappy gift, like a dinner plate. If you're okay in me not wasting my time, I'll gift something you'll like..... and your new bride will probably hate; deal?"

Damn, you’re a wise friend. I like this.
  • caco_ethes
    Options

Don’t feed the animals.

If that's the case then I'll see you later tonight (and I'll bring @caco_ethes as my plus one)

I’ll get presentable!
  • caco_ethes
    Options

Don’t feed the animals.

If that's the case then I'll see you later tonight (and I'll bring @caco_ethes as my plus one)

I’ll get presentable!

You always are!

So I can go pantsless with ankle socks?
  • Motorsheen
    Options

Don’t feed the animals.

Thanks.

The only problem is that he would usually say:

"Bro', one of the bridesmaids is currently going thru a nasty divorce and she's hot AF."

Then I would go to the wedding...... with a set of kitchen knives and a place setting .

• Motorsheen
    Options

Don’t feed the animals.

I’ll get presentable!

I get the feeling that you're presentable just as you are.
  • caco_ethes
    Options

Don’t feed the animals.

I’ll get presentable!

I get the feeling that you're presentable just as you are.

:grimace:
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options

Don’t feed the animals.

I’ll get presentable!

You always are!

So I can go pantsless with ankle socks?

Is there any other way ?
  • honkinballs
    honkinballs Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I started seriously losing weight around June 16 and am almost at the 110 pounds lost mark, need to drop 70 - 80 more to get to my goal. I'm starting to have some serious self doubt though. For example, the past ten years I've been an ultra fatty who hid away from the world and now I almost feel like I'm slowly coming out of my self imposed prison. I haven't dated in that time, don't even know how to respond to women these days, everything has changed so much I'm wondering what I'm really doing all this for. Yeah so I won't die sooner from a heart attack or complications... But what kind of life is spent alone like this?
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options

Don’t feed the animals.

Thanks.

The only problem is that he would usually say:

"Bro', one of the bridesmaids is currently going thru a nasty divorce and she's hot AF."

Then I would go to the wedding...... with a set of kitchen knives and a place setting .

Again very wise lmao
  • Motorsheen
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I started seriously losing weight around June 16 and am almost at the 110 pounds lost mark, need to drop 70 - 80 more to get to my goal. I'm starting to have some serious self doubt though. For example, the past ten years I've been an ultra fatty who hid away from the world and now I almost feel like I'm slowly coming out of my self imposed prison. I haven't dated in that time, don't even know how to respond to women these days, everything has changed so much I'm wondering what I'm really doing all this for. Yeah so I won't die sooner from a heart attack or complications... But what kind of life is spent alone like this?

@honkinballs

yeah, here's the thing, a lot of folks (imho) use their extra weight as a buffer to face other challenges in life.

it's tough being heavy and it's tough maintaining fitness, choose your tough.

and.... there's nothing written that says you need to immediately jump into the dating mosh pit, right?

remember the cliche, it's a process and not an event.

hang in there and keep doing what you're doing; best of luck.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options

In blunt honesty you just talk to them like you do anyone else.