30 Day Shred starting 18th of July

Options
13»

Replies

• ahope2277
    ahope2277 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    So I did day 10, 1st day of level 2 yesterday. I have taken a day off here and there. Anyhow, I found level 2 really challenging. It goes fast and there are at least 3 moves done in the plank position which I think is hard! New muscles are sore now which is motivating! Hope everyone is having success!
  • Jesslane93
    Jesslane93 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I did day 5 of lvl one today. My soreness is pretty much gone now and it is starting to feel a bit easier now :)
  • danirosevoelkel
    danirosevoelkel Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    tonight I will do day 4 of lvl one! Ready!
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Good to see people are still with it! I'm on day 9 today and very much looking forward to starting level 2 on sunday.
  • Khendyl
    Khendyl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I did L1D2 tonight. Back to back nights with weights so a big improvement for me! Feeling good about this.

So I started it today, then I bailed. I CANNOT do jumping jacks, I had knee surgery in February and can't jump yet, the impact is too much and my knee buckles (I'm working on that at the gym...). Does anyone have a good replacement? I felt totally worthless just waving my arms and want to get the most out of this as possible. Thanks in advance!
    Honestly I think there is a lot of jumping in level 1. Jacks, jump rope, butt kicks.... She mentions doing punches if you have a lower body injury. Make sure you have a very supportive brace and ice afterward.

I guess I didn't get that far in the video! Thanks for the tip! I'll try it.
  • iyerritsegan1
    Options
    On day 2 today, Loving it! I really feel the burn after the 20 mins, which I never thought was possibe!
  • bobbiedr
    bobbiedr Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing on this?

I just started level 2 today. I did 10 days on level 1, and I'm going to do 10 days on level 2, and on level 3. I forgot how hard level 2 is on my knees. I had to take several breaks this morning. Hopefully I will get better and not have to break so much.
  • bobbiedr
    Options
    Level 2 sucks. That's all I can say. But I did day 6 today, so only four more days.
  • christinarayburn3
    christinarayburn3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    If you can do a plié then do a plié then as you go up raise your hands up like a jumping jack. Then swing them down as you go into the plié. This can mimic the jumping jacks without the impact. If you're not familiar with a plié, they're easy. Spread your legs hip width apart with your toes facing outward. Go down as far as you can without hurting. Don't worry if you can't go down low, as the strength in your legs increases so will your ability to go down lower. Hope that helps.
  • TribeHokie
    Options
    Finished day 9 of level 2 today and am finally able to get through all the plank moves without dropping to my knees. It is definitely still tough but every day my endurance is a little better and I feel less like I'm going to die. Excited to move on to level 3 on wednesday! Has anyone else noticed than jillian is a really ambiguous counter? And she usually speeds up the pace when she joins in with the girls.
  • 123im4u2c
    Options
    Can you march in place, or just move your feet side to side! Jumping jacks are too high an impact for
    a lot of people and this is what they do! you'll get the same benefit. just like push ups, if you cant do a complete one, and you don't have to, just do them on your knees, again, same benefit! Things don't have to be harder to get the same results!
  • bobbiedr
    Options
    I have one more day of level 2. Then it's on to level 3. Yay!
  • TribeHokie
    Options
    Just finished day 30! Gotta go make lunch and get to class, but I'll post pictures later. Anyone else finish?