Does "banking" calories work?

Options
Can I save about 100 calories a day and exercise calories leading up to an event where I know I'll eat a little extra? Does it work? Thanks!

Replies

• WeaTheRgrlx0x
    WeaTheRgrlx0x Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Cool, thanks avskk! It makes sense, you save a few calories here and there for later!:)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Yes of course. How do you think people who have never had much trouble with weight maintenance have done it naturally?
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Yes, your body doesn't reset at midnight or on Monday :smile:
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Yepp I do it all the time
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Was under for the last 3 of 4 days knowing I was going out for a big meal last night. It will all balance out.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't it...we count daily, but our body's count continuously...you don't reset at midnight every day.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,982 Member
    Options
    It does work. The biggest problem I have with banking calories is that sometimes I don't "use" the banked calories. It wasn't a problem really when I was at a deficit, but now that I am in maintenance I am still losing so I try not to bank more than 50 per day.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Adding my agreement to all of the above.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Yes, and it's a great strategy to make this whole thing sustainable for the long term.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I do it all the time!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    80lbs down from eating lower during the week and higher on weekends.
  • LizzyJW55
    LizzyJW55 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes it does, try setting a weekly calorie goal and plan your days according to what you are doing during the week, it's the total at the end of the week that matters. In fact, it's been proven that it's better to have some higher calorie days while dieting to stop the body from going into starvation mode and slowing down metabolism. Best of luck :-))
  • sstini55
    sstini55 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Someone said your body doesn't reset at midnight or Monday, but by doing this you are assuming it resets weekly??? That doesn't make sense.