Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Works for me. I do this every week.
  • lalee115
    lalee115 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    This excites me, as I went over yesterday but had "leftovers" from the week.
  • JSaus13
    JSaus13 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    It's not working for me now. I used to think that it did.
  • pasunejeunefille
    Options
    Is there a way to bank calories using the mfp app.? Or does everyone just compute them manually?
  • Intentional_Me
    Intentional_Me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm also wondering if there is a way to view your week as a whole. I use android app but would hop on the computer if viewing weekly is possible .
  • Intentional_Me
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I really should start banking too but I'm set to 1200 a day for 10 more pounds so I hate the idea of getting to eat even less some days. Maybe I should just cut 100 6 days a week so I have an extra 600 to play with on Sat or something. Plus I could add more with working out
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I'm also wondering if there is a way to view your week as a whole. I use android app but would hop on the computer if viewing weekly is possible .
    I use an iPhone and can view my last 7 day info by scrolling all the way down to the bottom of my diary and click 'nutrition'.

• Intentional_Me
    Options
    I use an iPhone and can view my last 7 day info by scrolling all the way down to the bottom of my diary and click 'nutrition'.

Found it! Thank you
  • MeganCannon
    MeganCannon Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    yes, that's what I've been doing and it still allows me to enjoy life.
  • Skyblueyellow
    Skyblueyellow Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this next week to account for Thanksgiving! I'm banking every other day that week so make room for dessert and to not be stressed on Thanksgiving. I want to sit back and enjoy a nice meal with my family and not agonize over measuring and guesstimating calories (I'll be at someone else's house--no way to accurately measure).
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I do this but in reverse. If I go over my calorie allotment one day I'll cut back over the next few days to make up the difference. I find this works better for me than cutting back before hand when I don't know exactly how much over I will be.
  • ds41980
    ds41980 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    sstini55 wrote: »
    Someone said your body doesn't reset at midnight or Monday, but by doing this you are assuming it resets weekly??? That doesn't make sense.

If you are in a deficit that accumulates weekly to lose a certain amount of weight then a week is a good amount to go by
  • wrharvill
    wrharvill Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this next week to account for Thanksgiving! I'm banking every other day that week so make room for dessert and to not be stressed on Thanksgiving. I want to sit back and enjoy a nice meal with my family and not agonize over measuring and guesstimating calories (I'll be at someone else's house--no way to accurately measure).

Ahhhh! It IS next week! Criminy.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    sstini55 wrote: »
    Someone said your body doesn't reset at midnight or Monday, but by doing this you are assuming it resets weekly??? That doesn't make sense.

No one is assuming it "resets" at all. The philosophy is to look at your calorie intake as a rolling average and realising that daily increases/decreases are not of great importance. A week is a nice round chunk that everyone can easily go by.

exactly...
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I really should start banking too but I'm set to 1200 a day for 10 more pounds so I hate the idea of getting to eat even less some days. Maybe I should just cut 100 6 days a week so I have an extra 600 to play with on Sat or something. Plus I could add more with working out

If you are down to the last 10 lbs, you should have your goal set to 0.5 lb/week rate of loss which would be a deficit of only 250 cals/day from maintenance (excluding exercise if you're using MFP NEAT method). If you aren't already set at these goals, then that might give you some extra calories in your baseline target which makes the ability to bank cals easier when you have higher goal to start with. Going under 1200, even if you plan to eat the cals back later in the week, can be challenging since you really need every one of those calories to fill your day.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    To the OP, yes, I bank cals during the week for more indulgent weekends. I often end 100-200 cals below my goal (sometimes more if I'm really saving up but I'm in maintenance and my TDEE is 2200 so I have wiggle room) and save 500-1000 or so for the weekends. I used this approach while losing and now even more while I'm maintaining.

• Intentional_Me
    edited November 2016
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

If you are down to the last 10 lbs, you should have your goal set to 0.5 lb/week rate of loss which would be a deficit of only 250 cals/day from maintenance (excluding exercise if you're using MFP NEAT method). If you aren't already set at these goals, then that might give you some extra calories in your baseline target which makes the ability to bank cals easier when you have higher goal to start with. Going under 1200, even if you plan to eat the cals back later in the week, can be challenging since you really need every one of those calories to fill your day.

I still have 85 or so to lose. Sorry for any confusion. I meant I am still set to 2 pounds a week for about 10 more pounds before I go to 1. 5 a week and so on.

And I'm 5 '3 so I'm thinking my maintenance may be around 1500 if I'm not actively working out. Makes me sad. Lol