My boring story

Options
Hi!
I'm new here, my name's Elizabeth and I'm from Czech Republic. My height is only 158 cm (5"2') and my weight is ****ing 81 kg (179 pounds). I'm so ****ing ashamed of my body, don't laugh. I was crying all nights because of that when I found out it's 179 pounds. It's horrible! I always thought I have only 132 pounds so it was really shock for me. But never-mind, I started doing the ABC diet (day 3 now) and I hope it will work because I'm not really good in this kind of things. + I'm cycling and in-line skating, you know. So please don't laugh at me, I know I'm REALLY fat...

Replies

• AJinBirmingham
    Options
    The good news is, you can fix this problem.

In the meantime, don't say anything to yourself that you wouldn't say to a friend. You may not have realized it, but you're being very mean to yourself right now. Instead, think about what you would say to a close friend in your position. :)
  • MargaretSans
    MargaretSans Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    The ABC diet seems really restrictive. If you want to lose weight and keep it off while being healthy you should stick to the 1200 cal/day and add in some strength training/cardio
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    The ABC diet? As in the extremely anorexic one? Oh honey please don't go there. Losing weight should be part of a healthy lifestyle change, not starving yourself.
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    This site doesn't want people promoting the ABC diet. The A stands for ANA...it isn't healthy.
  • lacarla
    lacarla Posts: 8
    Options
    Welcome Elizabeth. Don't be ashamed - you are taking the first step of the new you. Keep pressing forward. It's hard at times and you might get discouraged but don't stop there, just get back up and keep trying. I was where you are now for a very long time, but this time is different, I am actually more determined to do what I've set out to do many times before. I feel it from within that this time is the right time. I fell so many times before, but this is my third week and I'm down from 164-157.6 as of this morning. It's taking time and I'm not rushing the results. So stay focused and you will do it, don't put any added pressure on yourself because that's when you will start to doubt if it's working.

You got this!

Carla Harris
  • ChippyDD
    ChippyDD Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi,
    You absolutely should not use negative self talk..it can start emotional cycling that will derail your diet and exercise goals. Treat yourself with understanding and love...tell yourself something positive everyday...the road to being healthy and fit can be a bumpy one so go into the journey with the right out look:-)
    PS..never heard of the ABC diet ...what is that?
    Cheers,
    Nat.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    You will lose weight on the ABC diet.

You will also:
    - Eff up your metabolism
    - Lose lean muscle
    - Possibly eff up your organs, heart, etc.
    - Gain back anything you lose AND THEN SOME when you go off it it.
    - Have no energy
    - Feel like crap
    - Set yourself up for an eating disorder (if you don't already have one).

The website even says:

"Some people who go through this diet they find it extremely effective, however not for long, as after completion they gain most of their weight back and end up in a worst state then before they started it."

I know you want to lose weight and that fast weight loss is appealing, but you will get no support from those of us that want to lose FAT, be HEALTHY and STRONG with that pro-ana approach.

Please reconsider your choices.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    The good news is, you can fix this problem.

In the meantime, don't say anything to yourself that you wouldn't say to a friend. You may not have realized it, but you're being very mean to yourself right now. Instead, think about what you would say to a close friend in your position. :)

THIS! Don't beat yourself up and say things about yourself that you wouldn't want someone else saying to you. You may not feel like it, but guess what? You're worth more than gold. You don't have to believe me, but you are.

Regarding the ABC diet, please don't go that route. It's extremely restrictive, and all you'll end up doing is destroying your metabolism and gaining the weight back once you start eating again. I beg you to at least eat 1200 calories/day. I promise you can lose weight eating that and most likely more, depending on your level of exercise.

Good luck on your weight loss :flowerforyou:
  • enzifalt
    enzifalt Posts: 4
    Options
    I know it's not the best idea but I have no motivation. Like I have but I have some problems so I don't know how to do it without the ABC...
  • lilco
    lilco Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    ABC stands for Ana Boot Camp diet. The goal is to trick your metabolism into believing you're not going into starvation mode. It's an extremely unhealthy way to lose weight and Elizabeth I really hope you read more information on this site and choose a more healthy way to lose weight by changing your lifestyle and eating healthy and exercising, not starving yourself! That diet is very bad for your health! You shouldn't be eating less than 1200 a day and that's the minimum!

ABC DIET:
    Day 1: 500 calories (or less)
    Day 2: 500 calories (or less)
    3:300 calories
    4:400 calories
    5: 100 calories
    6: 200 calories
    7: 300 calories
    8: 400 calories
    9: 500 calories
    10: fast
    11: 150 calories
    12: 200 calories
    13: 400 calories
    14: 350 calories
  • jjnzdr
    jjnzdr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Does your community offer nutrition classes? That's what I did. I took a nutrition class and learned how to eat healthy. I've lost 25 pounds so far. I don't feel like I am dieting at all, just eating correctly.
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Dobre rano, Elizabeth!

I would also not recommend the ABC diet for a jump start. Just start tracking what you normally would eat and what you burn for a week or so, and compare that to what the calculators say you should need in a day. Cut back where you need to. The cycling and skating are great things to do. :smile:

179 lbs isn't that bad, really. In fact I bet a lot of people are envious of that amount, believe it or not. You'll be ok, just be smart about it, not desperate. :flowerforyou:
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I really hope you find a different way to reach your goals because the ABC diet is not healthy AT ALL. Good luck!
  • lilco
    lilco Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I know it's not the best idea but I have no motivation. Like I have but I have some problems so I don't know how to do it without the ABC...

There are lots of ways to get motivated, and you posted on these boards so that's a good start! There are so many inspirational, positive and motivational people on these forums who have lost a ton of weight. They are so helpful and willing to answer any question you have, or add you as a friend and give you support, all you have to do is ask!

I hope you take advantage of the great people on this site because I really think they can help you if you let them.
  • enzifalt
    enzifalt Posts: 4
    Options
    If ABC is really that bad, what should I do? Eat fruits and vegetables? I really don't know
  • ChippyDD
    ChippyDD Posts: 4
    Options
    Oh my god..that diet is torture...mentally and phisically...you can't function on that. I was anorexic for years and almost died. I'm pre-med right now and can go on for ever about how this type of regime will destroy your body. Please go talk to a dietician and trainer..you need support and guidence..not some crazy diet a mentally ill person created!!!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i had never heard of ABC until today. it sounds like a death sentence, elizabeth. please ask for help here--there are many, many people who had far more weight to lose who lost it by eating (a lot of) the right things, doing cardio and heavy lifting, and keeping their intake at a deficit. deficit does NOT mean starving. i hope by your posting this, that you recognize what you were about to do is NOT healthy and maybe this is a cry for help. you will lose weight and get strong if you do things the right way. it will take time...but patience pays off....and don't you want to be the best you you can be???

:flowerforyou:
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    If ABC is really that bad, what should I do? Eat fruits and vegetables? I really don't know

Start out eating a net of 1200 calories a day. (Meaning if you exercise and burn off 400 calories you should be eating 1600), and get at least 30 minutes of exercise 4 times a week. That is the easiest way to get started. Starving is not the answer.
  • Gearjammer71
    Gearjammer71 Posts: 151 Member
    Options

That's a good start! Examine what you eat now, cut out the simple carbs, the sugars, the stuff everyone knows they shouldn't eat. Increase your activity and the weight will come off. Super restrictive diets aren't a long term solution because you can't keep that up forever. Don't get so down on yourself. You must know that you're already gorgeous, so lighten-up on yourself and just do what you need to do.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options

Um, you ARE on my fitness pal. Use the site as it was intended. Plug in your info and it will give you a calorie goal. Meet that goal, and try to meet and exceed your protein goal if possible. You're making it out to be a lot harder than it is.

Oh and ABC diet?!?! I must be living under a rock, and can't believe the garbage people come up with these days to pray on desperate young people.