Any 1500 Calorie Open Food Diaries?

Options
2»

Replies

• avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1660 right now but I tend to eat between 1200 and 1500 during the week (to bank calories for the weekend). Feel free to be as nosy as you want. ;)
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Can someone take a look at mine? Im confused because I am also trying to lose weight- and I am quite active, but my cals are set at 1990 and I am 5 foot 2, weigh 185 and am a 32 year old female. I dont seem to be losing weight anymore but I am losing body fat- I have a PT who is insisting I was starving myself at 1600. Im just curious as a lot of you weight the same as me but are eating a lot less? Where is the line of decifit v not eating enough?

your trainer likely calculated your TDEE and gave you a calorie recommendation based on that

we are roughly the same height (i'm 5'3" and 155) and age (i'm 34)...my calorie avg is about 1850 a day, after I average my days over the week

1600 wouldn't have had you starving, but may have been too much of an aggressive goal for what your trainer wants you to do (sounds like you are focusing on body recomp, than fat/weight loss)
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Mine is open but I'm around 1400 cals. 5'3" SW: 193, CW: 182, GW: 140.
  • xSJBx
    xSJBx Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Me too! Feel free to add me x
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Can someone take a look at mine? Im confused because I am also trying to lose weight- and I am quite active, but my cals are set at 1990 and I am 5 foot 2, weigh 185 and am a 32 year old female. I dont seem to be losing weight anymore but I am losing body fat- I have a PT who is insisting I was starving myself at 1600. Im just curious as a lot of you weight the same as me but are eating a lot less? Where is the line of decifit v not eating enough?

I eat around the same as you at a similar height (5'1") and weight (182lb) and average around 2000-2500 Calories to lose 0.5lb/week. It's all down to our activity level, without activity I'd be down to 1560 Calories (and miserable).
    Can't check your diary out though it's set to private.
  • mila_lova
    mila_lova Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My daily calorie goal is 1550. Feel free to look at my diary, it's open! Just be warned I've sucked these past three days. I'm looking forward to getting back on track.
  • sweetage123
    sweetage123 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1420 with an open diary. 26 y/o female. 167ish trying to get down to 154ish :)

I have a tendency to eat a bit less on days I work (12 hour shifts as a pharmacist), but do so to leave wiggle room for the weekends (I love beer). So it may look like I'm all over the place but I try to be pretty accurate with my logging!
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    27 5'3 1450. I eat a lot of the same stuff so a few days in you'll just see the same entries.
  • PoisonDartFrog
    PoisonDartFrog Posts: 220 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    My diary is open, I try to cook meals at home 5 nights a week, and keep my calories closer to 1200...but with what I eat, you can easily eat larger servings, full servings, and be at about 1500. I tend to cook dinner for my husband and myself and then eat leftovers the next day.

I have re-started my weight loss journey (hopefully for the last time). I am down to 197.4# from 226 since October (I'm 5'8", female, and 44 years old). I have also increased my activity (fit bit tracking), but am not quite as active as I would like to be yet. I don't do much in the cold (and winter is here)!

My ultimate goal is to be down to 140# (smack in the middle of normal BMI for my height). [Actually, I'd like to be a little lighter - my 20s/30s weight, but I'm trying to be realistic.] My short term goal is to be 190 lbs or less (to move into the over-weight category, instead of obese).

I welcome new friends.
  • moodyfeesh14
    moodyfeesh14 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Mine is now set to 1600 and is open
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    cosmonew wrote: »
    Mine starts at 1400 and I eat my exercise calories which I log separately. WARNING: I eat pretty healthy so you might not like what you see, but it is has been great for my weight loss.
    I am 5'4 and currently 144 down from 176 in just over 3 months.

WOW you eat a lot of caffeine have you ever had side effects?
  • vmtama27
    vmtama27 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I just learned how to add people haha. I sent a lot of you a request. Similar goals looking for food ideas
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    My diary is public. I'm set to 1650, but I usually eat 4 meals a day instead of three, so you might still be able to get some ideas from it. :)
  • AnarchistKitchen
    AnarchistKitchen Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    This doesn't represent how I eat everyday but this is a vegan 1300 calorie day of recipes with 65 grams of protein. You could totally remove some of the lentils and add grilled chicken.
    https://richbitchcooking.wordpress.com/2016/12/07/vegan-what-i-eat-in-a-day-65-grams-protein-1/
    7wo5ax03n14d.jpg

This is a bit off topic but I strongly recommend getting a thrift store or garage sale George Foreman grill. You can grow your meals into mountains with a bag of frozen veggies for pennies on the calorie dollar. Mountains of food to add volume to pasta, meat, rice, etc.
    https://richbitchcooking.wordpress.com/2016/11/12/10-veggie-hacks-3-vegan-recipe-george-foreman-vegetables/
    di532u42ftcu.jpg
  • jwalk06n
    jwalk06n Posts: 4 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Were almost identical. I'm 27 years old. I started at 247 but now down to 231. I have a 1600 calorie diet but plan on tightening that up in a month or two. Feel free to add me. I believe my diary is "open". Let me know if not, because I'd like for it to be.

I do low carb eating but watch my macros as well. Try to keep it at a 5% carb, 20% protein and 75% fat.

I am losing.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    1470 here. I use a good 4-500 for a couple of drinks most days but they are pretty much offset by my workouts so it should be comparable.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Have a peek. I try to stay between 1600 and 1700. Some days I fail. An easy way to see what it would look like if I was trying to get a 1500 calorie diary is to ignore my snack of prunes and my snack of a fiber supplement.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Mine is open, but I tend to eat the same thing for weeks at a time! LOL (The last two weeks or so are unusual. Been indulging in holiday treats left and right!)