Health-Shaming

2»

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    If "no thank you" doesn't work, I respond with humor:
    • "I'm just making up for a lifetime of sin!" (slapping my huge butt)
    • "Just one bite leads to two and that leads to ten! But it sure looks tasty!"
    • (looking around confused and concerned) "oh, I'm sorry! I didn't realize this meal came with food cops!"
  • sunnysunny88
    sunnysunny88 Posts: 64 Member
    Wow I lost this thread and just found it again after finding out that you can actually click 'my discussion', thanks everyone for the advice :) first off I have to say that my MIL is not a horrible person hah, she's actually lovely in many ways, you're right, she just may be feeling insecure about her eating choices too, I've talked to my husband since creating this thread and he promised he will talk to her about it. Previously, when I was trying to lose weight I wasn't really counting calories or logging anything in so I was unaware of how much calories say was in a burger and fries, so I think I over ate waaaay too much in the holidays, I've started logging my food now for 5 weeks and have lost 5 kg (10lbs) and am feeling so much better I definitely am not going to sabotage myself now. I'm in a completely different mind state now and ready for her when she comes. My husband has been eating well and exercising too so he feels the same way too and he promised to support me as well, so I think it's going to be okay. Thanks everyone! It's been great to hear all your thoughts
  • sunnysunny88
    sunnysunny88 Posts: 64 Member
    If "no thank you" doesn't work, I respond with humor:
    • "I'm just making up for a lifetime of sin!" (slapping my huge butt)
    • "Just one bite leads to two and that leads to ten! But it sure looks tasty!"
    • (looking around confused and concerned) "oh, I'm sorry! I didn't realize this meal came with food cops!"

I like no.3!