Best ways to get ripped abs

Options
Hi! Some of the parts that i am most interested in to develop its my abdominal area, so i would like to know if everybody could give me some advices to get show up more defined, i can see mine (im 4.6%) but i would like more tips on how to maintain them and make them pop out more...

Thanks!

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    4.6% bodyfat and not having ripped abs?

You are doomed.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    4.6% bodyfat and not having ripped abs?

You are doomed.

lol

4.6%, guy?

you forget a 1 in there?
  • andresconejo
    andresconejo Posts: 264
    Options
    Haha yeah i am 4% and off course i can already see them but i would likw them to pop out, maybe by doing more abdominal-focused exercises?
  • whierd
    Options
    How do you figure 4.6%? Guessing?
    If you are at 4.6%, you would be ripped beyond belief and your abs would be "popping" like crazy.

How old are you?
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    as someone who is ~20%, i still have one ab lol.

do you have an ab routine now thats not working orrrrrr.....?
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I would say eat a lot, then lift some heavy things, sleep, repeat.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    If you are at 4.6%, you would be ripped beyond belief and your abs would be "popping" like crazy.

How old are you?

He's said in the past he's 6'1, 130. Eats ridiculously little. I think he melted all his muscles away.

Need to eat more, lift, grow muscles.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Start eating more than 1000 calories a day? You might just not have much muscle mass (if you're actually as lean as you think you are). At 18 and active you should probably be eating 2000-2500 calories a day (to lose weight). If you're that lean though, you don't need to lose weight. Try looking into doing a bulk and building muscle.
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    4% body fat? Is your goal 0%?

In before you die
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Eat, throw a barbell on your back, bang your shins up deadlifting, and rest.

And protein.
  • BSdevon
    BSdevon Posts: 77
    Options
    4.6 is Low Body fat.. Whats your current ab workout.. Training core with heavy weight/Low rep will make Abs grow.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    OH...and food...lots and lots of protein rich food...cuz...dude, you ain't eating enough for a 6 yr old girl.
  • brillmer
    brillmer Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Eat. Build muscle.
  • getting_fit86
    getting_fit86 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    4.6% is extremely low, even for a male. You need to eat more... you barely break 1000 calories a day which is barely enough to feed a toddler. Up your calories, eat lots of protein and lift heavy.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Dude..I checked your diary...my 10 year old eats more than you.

Eat before you starve yourself to death.
  • whierd
    Options

How old are you?

He's said in the past he's 6'1, 130. Eats ridiculously little. I think he melted all his muscles away.

Need to eat more, lift, grow muscles.

So he is anorexic?

Well that is too bad.
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    If you want abs, you need to start lifting weights (compound lifts), eat in a surplus until you are about at 180 lbs at 6'1. Then you can think about cutting some of the fat but right now, you need to grow.
  • jquijas
    jquijas Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Eat, throw a barbell on your back, bang your shins up deadlifting, and rest.

And protein.

Favorite Line EVER! Stealing it!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    4.6% and you don't have killer abs?

it's not because you need them to pop. it's because your body is eating them to survive...dude you are cannibalising all the muscle you want to 'pop'

start treating your body better...

stat
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Most people that ask this question get the opposite of what I'm about to give as an answer.

Most folks, I tell them to do table pushaways and exist at a caloric deficit.

You, my friend, you need to eat.