Best ways to get ripped abs

Options

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Most people that ask this question get the opposite of what I'm about to give as an answer.

Most folks, I tell them to do table pushaways and exist at a caloric deficit.

You, my friend, you need to eat.

This. Lots of food, lots of protein, lots of time to build back those muscles.
  • andresconejo
    andresconejo Posts: 264
    Options
    Yes, i acrually think my problem is food, my story is long, i did very extreme diet months ago and i didnt knew how little i was eating until i joined MFP, right now i am increasing my calorie intakea by 100 calories per week, right now im reaching 1000 calories and weighing 130lbs.
    But im worried that if i start eating too much i will increase my body fat and lose ALL the hard work..
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Good timing for this article (although feel free to ignore the paleo talk):

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2013/07/17/a-skinny-guys-guide-to-building-muscle-and-bulking-up/
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Yes, i acrually think my problem is food, my story is long, i did very extreme diet months ago and i didnt knew how little i was eating until i joined MFP, right now i am increasing my calorie intakea by 100 calories per week, right now im reaching 1000 calories and weighing 130lbs.
    But im worried that if i start eating too much i will increase my body fat and lose ALL the hard work..
    What hard earned work? Everyone is correct, eat more and get on a good lifting program. Who cares if you add more b/f, you could use it. What do you think is more impressive, 6'1" 130lbs with 4.6% or 6.1 180 with 8%? Most people would pick the later.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Eat. Eat. And then, eat some more. Protein is your friend.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options

I would consider ditching the "increase by 100 cals per week" and increase immediately. It will probably take several months, if not a year or two for your metabolism to correct itself. If you're excercising in addition to such a HUGE deficit, you are definitely not fueling yourself appropriately.

Btw, I speak from experience, as someone who used to consume a minimal amount of cals and exercise like a madwoman. And then wonder why I wasn't losing or seeing any progress.
  • laurawvwilson
    Options
    You should really go see a therapist for anorexia. I'm a mental health professional and I can attest to the fact that it is one of the most difficult disorders to treat. Many people die from it. This is nothing to mess around with. You will start to experience signficant medical conditions that will eventually lead to your death. I looked at your diary and if you were my client, I'd be encouraging you to voluntarily commit yourself to an inpatient eating disorders clinic. Seriously.

Just my two cents.
  • grantdumas7
    Options
    Eat. Eat. And then, eat some more. Protein is your friend.
    Hell, protein, carbs and fats would be his friend.
  • bretironfitlife
    Options
    Abs are made in the kitchen, NOT the gym.

Abs are defined in the gym, NOT the kitchen.

Truth = Resolve
  • andresconejo
    Options
    Thanks everybody for the advice... EAT
    I understand but dont kick my a $$ guys...!!
    So is it possible that i melt my muscles because of undereating?
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody for the advice... EAT
    I understand but dont kick my a $$ guys...!!
    So is it possible that i melt my muscles because of undereating?

YES! You will lose muscle, be unable to think clearly and it will impact your immune system.

Here's a link I found just be goggling "What does under eating do to my body"

http://eating-disorders.org.uk/information/the-effects-of-under-eating/

Good luck!
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I would say eat a lot, then lift some heavy things, sleep, repeat.

That's the basics ;)
  • therainandthunder
    Options
    Your intake is really low. Eat more. Once you find yourself constant on around 2000 calories a day, start lifting. Good luck! x
  • andresconejo
    Options
    What hard earned work? Everyone is correct, eat more and get on a good lifting program. Who cares if you add more b/f, you could use it. What do you think is more impressive, 6'1" 130lbs with 4.6% or 6.1 180 with 8%? Most people would pick the later.
    Hey! U dont know me so u dont know how hard has been to loose about 40pounds to me! Sacrifixing certain fpods and waking up earlier and including wxcercose in my life when i have never ever in my life excercised before! Its all a process and im still making mistakes
  • Alphastate
    Alphastate Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I believe he asked how to make his abs pop, not a critique of his food journal. Someone said it earlier, high weight, low rep ab exercises will help them pop.
  • grantdumas7
    Options
    Hey! U dont know me so u dont know how hard has been to loose about 40pounds to me! Sacrifixing certain fpods and waking up earlier and including wxcercose in my life when i have never ever in my life excercised before! Its all a process and im still making mistakes
    Why did you need to lose 40LBS? At your height 170-175 LBS is not that heavy.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    You're worried about gaining fat?? Wow, when I was 18 I could eat everything in site and not gain a lbs. That said, maybe your metabolism is different, IDK. But you should not be trying to drop 40 lbs at 6' 1" and 170 lbs. That is getting to Christian Bale in "The Machinest" status. Sounds to me like you might have an eating disorder. I suggest eating STAT!! And see a dr...
  • andresconejo
    Options
    You're worried about gaining fat?? Wow, when I was 18 I could eat everything in site and not gain a lbs. That said, maybe your metabolism is different, IDK. But you should not be trying to drop 40 lbs at 6' 1" and 170 lbs. That is getting to Christian Bale in "The Machinest" status. Sounds to me like you might have an eating disorder. I suggest eating STAT!! And see a dr...

Yes, i think it's because i've never been skinny until now and so i don´t know how my metabolism really acts, that's why i'm so afraid
  • andresconejo
    Options
    Why did you need to lose 40LBS? At your height 170-175 LBS is not that heavy.

I've always wanted ot be skinny but i lost weight without any guidance and so quickly that i didn´t noticed i was risking my life
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I would say eat a lot, then lift some heavy things, sleep, repeat.

This^^

Make sure you get enough protein. Good luck.