Protein

Options
What do you take for your protein intake ?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Food. Meat, fish, other seafood, dairy, sometimes eggs. Vegetables, including pulses. Nuts and seeds.
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Mostly dairy.
  • shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Protein smoothies, eggs, and meat mostly. I'm looking for more creative ideas to add variety too.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt, eggs, legumes ect
  • Smaya29
    Smaya29 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Plant based protein smoothies, eggs, tofu, Greek yogurt, chicken.
  • taniabeth78
    taniabeth78 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Chicken, Greek yogurt, cheese, nuts, peanut butter, beans
  • ShellCJourney
    ShellCJourney Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian so I eat edamame or other beans, lentil patties and quinoa.
  • shellyld2016
    Options
    I really need to try the edamame, it looks like there are a lot of ways to fix it!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Sludge made with casein, two types of yogurt, FF cream cheese, and other miscellaneous additions to make macros work.
  • shellyld2016
    Options
    Sludge made with casein, two types of yogurt, FF cream cheese, and other miscellaneous additions to make macros work.

Do you just blend it all together?
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Chicken, egg whites, whey and casein at the moment.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

Do you just blend it all together?

Yeap. Here's my current favorite:

16g natural chunky PB
    100g ff regular yogurt (or ff greek if I need more p and less c)
    25g ff cream cheese
    100g canned pumpkin
    40g vanilla casein
    100g 1% cottage cheese
    8g sf/ff cheesecake jello pudding mix

Mix it all together, hit it with an immersion blender until all of the curds from the cottage cheese are gone, then toss it in the freezer for 30 minutes to an hour.

It looks like hell, due to the orange from the pumpkin, but it's damned delicious, and it takes on a thick ice cream like consistency when put in the freezer.
  • shellyld2016
    Options
    Sounds interesting, but I'm game to try it. Probably has the texture of ricotta cheesecake. Pumpkin flavored has to be good.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options

Can you give it a better name then "sludge"? :) The recipe sounds good but the name not so good:).
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Eggs, meat, and a daily protein bar*, primarily.

* I figure that if I'm going to want something sweet to snack on, it might was well be a 200ish Calorie bar with 20ish g of protein, as opposed to a 250+ candy bar with maybe 4 g of protein.
  • johnnyb620
    johnnyb620 Posts: 19 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I'm mostly pescatarian. Tilapia, yellow fin, catfish, salmon, cod, tuna. Sushi rolls with black rice or brown rice and cavier, the best! I wish I could eat more dairy, but I'm lactose intolerant, yogurt and whey gives me gas.
  • hunter092292
    hunter092292 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Nowhere near enough
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Chicken, whey protein, greek yogurt, eggs/egg whites, protein bars, red meat.
    I get anywhere from 180-220 grams of protein per day.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    For me it's whey isolate, usually some chicken or tuna, and more chicken or turkey. Occasionally red meat of some sort. I try to do about half of my intake with whey isolate because it's easier for me to digest than tons of solid protein so I usually have a 60g shake early in the morning to get a head start on it.