How much cardio do you do?

Options

Replies

• JanAlyssa825
    JanAlyssa825 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Probably 60-80 minutes 4-5 days a week - the 2-3 I do maybe 15 minutes. I love any kind of fitness class - I take spin classes, and on the days I do strength training, I hop on a treadmill to burn some extra calories before or after class. I'm motivated by the calorie count and my heart rate monitor... I love eating back the calories!
  • SunOfMan
    SunOfMan Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    50-60 minutes, 5 times a week.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I do HIIT at the end of my lifting session 3x a week, walk my dog at least twice a day, and do a couple of pub shifts a week too (they can be a real workout depending on how busy we are! :laugh: )
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I usually take two, 1 hour spin classes per week, a boot camp thats a mix of cardio and compound strength moves, and then do something 4 more days a week ranging between 20-60 minutes of walking, elliptical, stairs, hiking, running or whatever...i get bored easily so i like to mix things up. I do cardio mostly for the cardiovascular benefits and to get my blood circulataing.. I notice many people say that lifting is what helps them loose the weight, and I completely agree with that as I lift most days of the week as well, but they are missing the health benefits of cardio.. Our heart is our MOST important MUSCLE, least we forget to give it atleast 20 minutes 3 times per week..
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    i do a lot of cardio at least 40 mins a day 6 times a week but usually end up doing 100+ mins and then go hiking for 4-6 hours on the weekend. I am not a big strength training fan so i keep it to 1 hour a week but when i am pushing it its 3-4
  • ghostrider1970
    ghostrider1970 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    30/40 minutes cycling (stationary bike) everyday, 30/40 minutes swimming 3x week, plus lifting 3x week
  • l0vedim0
    l0vedim0 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I do cardio 4 times a week. 2.4 mile jog with hills and flat areas (almost like nature's built in interval training lol) on Tuesday. 45 min interval cardio on the elliptical Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    About an hour a week.
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    2 x 20 min sessions before and after workout, 7 days p.w.

Been pushing 30 & 30 lately, just testing my limits.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I lift primarily but do around 60 minutes once a week...if I feel like I need it, I do it for more endurance really than anything else.
  • dellk
    dellk Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Quite a bit I guess with five to six 50 minute/14 mile cycle rides per week.
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I play football (soccer for you yanks) competitively at least once a week. So that's 90 minutes of constant running/sprinting.

Other than that I sometimes go on the rowing machine in the gym...
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I walk everywhere for transportation...does that count? I do some high volume training with kettlebells a couple times a week...I think of that as my "cardio". Once in a while I like to hop on the rowing machine and row 5000m. Sometimes I run hill sprints. I don't really have any set amount of time I want to do cardio each week, because I just don't fancy it at all. It just sort of happens here and there, I guess, in between the lifting sessions.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    At least an hour a day, but generally in short bursts - walking to and from work (15 mins), walk at lunchtime (20-25 mins) morning workout (20 mins) evening workout (30-50 mins) in the week, minimum 1 hour walk Sat and Sun plus I have 1 hour Zumba on Monday nights (insted of my evening workout). Some of this is more toning stuff - crunches, press-ups etc - which i log as calisthenics.

Its working for me.:smile:
  • Garywf
    Garywf Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I go to gym 3 times per week & do, at least, 30 minutes of intense cardio each session plus weight training. On the off days I climb a local hill (1 hour round trip), run 5k or ride my bike. Cardio is a very necessary part of any fitness program as is weight training. For most people the more cardio you can do the better.
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Now: I generally do a 1.5 to 2 mile run 5 days a week as my warm up before strength training with a walk (between 4 and 8 miles) at the weekend.

Previously, before taking up Strength Training: I used to run between 3 to 6 mile 5 days a week with a 9 mile run on Saturday.
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Away from specific training for races, I tend to run twice a week(typically 3 miles, 6 miles) and then cycle 4 to 6 times a week (15 miles typically). But that can vary a lot!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I usually do 10 minutes of elliptical or 20 minutes of treadmill when I feel like doing a cardio warm up before lifting. I feel like the elliptical loosens up my legs before leg day...

I might go on a walk with my family or friend once or twice a week when I DON'T go to the gym as well.
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I do 25 minutes of cardio 4-5 times a week. I use the programs off a Cybex Elliptical cycle as my training.
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    4 times a week for at least one hour,(Zumba and other classes) and two 20 mins session for the weight training days.