GOOD FAT?

Options
Hi all

Quick question!! I have been looking around for a few days now and different sites say different things so i thought i would ask here if that is ok ?

I am just after any good true sites on what is the rite fats to be eating on a low carb high fat mod protein diet? Resson i ask is because i eat a lot of bacon i love love love bacon but going to try mix it up with other fatty stuff but want to know what is the rite fats to eat. Thanks guys

Replies

• Chokis
    Chokis Posts: 131
    Options
    Coconut oil, olive oil, grapeseed oil. Avocados, nuts, cheese, butter. Flaxseed meal.
    Fat found in fish, meat, chicken, pork. It's all good.
    Just don't eat the crap like margarine or Crisco stuff.

Bacon is goooooodd! :-)
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil, olive oil, grapeseed oil. Avocados, nuts, cheese, butter. Flaxseed meal.
    Fat found in fish, meat, chicken, pork. It's all good.
    Just don't eat the crap like margarine or Crisco stuff.

Bacon is goooooodd! :-)

All of this! I eat high-fat. Eggs are another great option. I eat bacon & eggs A LOT. I make pork ribs at least once a week. I also snack on unsweetened toasted coconut flakes.
  • Chokis
    Chokis Posts: 131
    Options
    Also, pork rinds, but not everybody likes them. I like having them as a snack. 0 carbs, tons of fat! :-)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,047 Member
    Options
    I have bacon every day. My fats are set at 45%.

Only bad thing about bacon is the high salt. But having 2-4 slices a day isn't going to make much difference.

I also eat eggs, cheese, avocado, and almonds every day.

Just stay within your calories and it's all good (except trans fats - those are the only ones I avoid). Trans fats are in many processed baked goods.
  • Danvman1980
    Options
    Ah thanks guys I was just worried I had been eating the wrong stuff... So everything I've been eating is ok? My bacon is all fresh. Are fresh sausages ok does anyone know? Sorry I'm sort of new to all the low carb high fat been doing it a few wakes
  • Danvman1980
    Options
    By pork rinds do you mean pork scratching? Hehe
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Ah thanks guys I was just worried I had been eating the wrong stuff... So everything I've been eating is ok? My bacon is all fresh. Are fresh sausages ok does anyone know? Sorry I'm sort of new to all the low carb high fat been doing it a few wakes
    Here's the thing. S o m e people are going to tell you not to eat saturated fats. But if you are doing low carb, you need to eat fats....because ....uh...only one other choice - protein.

The unsaturated fats (mostly the vegetable and tree fruit/nut sourced fats) help your lipid profile, but unless you have a genetic reason to avoid animal fats, then go for all of them...butter, bacon, duck fat, beef, eggs (the Whole Egg) etc.

Saturated fat got a bad rap in the 80s. If you research the outcomes of the research, you'll find it was unwarranted.

• Danvman1980
    Options
    Here's the thing. S o m e people are going to tell you not to eat saturated fats. But if you are doing low carb, you need to eat fats....because ....uh...only one other choice - protein.

The unsaturated fats (mostly the vegetable and tree fruit/nut sourced fats) help your lipid profile, but unless you have a genetic reason to avoid animal fats, then go for all of them...butter, bacon, duck fat, beef, eggs (the Whole Egg) etc.

Saturated fat got a bad rap in the 80s. If you research the outcomes of the research, you'll find it was unwarranted.

Thanks a lot dude I have been doing a lot of google reading since I started a few wks ago. Been following jimmy Moore so I know I need to eat lots of fat I've been playing around with the amounts of fat to protein trying to work out what's good for me. So all meat is ok. And strawberries I like eat with full cream that's fine is it?
  • cmriverside
    Options

Thanks a lot dude I have been doing a lot of google reading since I started a few wks ago. Been following jimmy Moore so I know I need to eat lots of fat I've been playing around with the amounts of fat to protein trying to work out what's good for me. So all meat is ok. And strawberries I like eat with full cream that's fine is it?

If weight loss is your goal, then all you have to worry about is calorie intake. Full cream is fine - and yummy. You have to find your own place in the world. Tune out all the voices that tell you "Don't eat this or that."

Just do you. Stay within your calorie goal and enjoy your foods. All the foods.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    where are the evil fats?
  • pluckabee
    pluckabee Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    anything that isn't a trans fat or a weird vegetable oil
  • aquinoz
    aquinoz Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    there aren't any bad fats.
  • Danvman1980
    Options

If weight loss is your goal, then all you have to worry about is calorie intake. Full cream is fine - and yummy. You have to find your own place in the world. Tune out all the voices that tell you "Don't eat this or that."

Just do you. Stay within your calorie goal and enjoy your foods. All the foods.

Well i did try taking that out look on eating and it got me from 14 stone to 20 stone in 3 years. So it scares me to undo all my hard work and the past 3 months have been very hard work fighting my hunger and sweating in my gym.
  • Danvman1980
    Options
    anything that isn't a trans fat or a weird vegetable oil

thanks
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    where are the evil fats?

The ones that steal my lunch money.

I thought the bad fats were the iranian fats..no?
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Also, pork rinds, but not everybody likes them. I like having them as a snack. 0 carbs, tons of fat! :-)

I LOVE pork rinds. I dip them in mustard :)
  • Danvman1980
    Options

What do you mean by pork rinds I'm not American I'm from the uk/Wales I think you must be talking about pork scratchings yes?
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options

What do you mean by pork rinds I'm not American I'm from the uk/Wales I think you must be talking about pork scratchings yes?
    Yup. Not a Canadian thing either.
  • ngyoung
    ngyoung Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Yes pork rind = pork scratching