Oatmeal

Options

Replies

• teeseeytopcat
    teeseeytopcat Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I make a batch of steel cut oats every week in my slow cooker ....add ins include apples & raisins or dried cranberries. I then package them in individual servings & into the freezer they go!
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal every week day, because it's an easy breakfast for me to take to work.

I mix mine up in a cute little glass mason jar in the mornings and zap for 1.5 mins when I get to the office.
    I use 1/2 cup old fashioned oats, 3/4 almond milk, tsp of agave nectar, splash of vanilla, dash of salt, and a sprinkle of Gingerbread Cookie seasoning from Flavor God.
  • AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I go on spurts, but when I am in my oatmeal phase, I eat them every day. I prefer to use the overnight oats method and use both quick, and thick oats with no issues. Tastes great and is an easy meal to grab on the go.
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I make steel cut oats in the slow cooker--I cup a day. It fills me up and gives me energy for running. I usually don't eat carbs at all at night, and often the oatmeal is the only whole grain based dish I have in a day.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Just wondering do you eat a lot of oatmeal on your weight loss journey?? If so do you use old fashioned or quick oats and what do you put in it to make it taste better?

Not a lot. Once a month maybe.
    I prefer baked oatmeal. Usually use old fashioned rolled oats.
    Strawberry cheesecake baked oatmeal http://www.thewholesomedish.com/strawberry-cheesecake-baked-oatmeal/
    Funky Monkey baked oatmeal- coconut, peanut butter, banana and chocolate http://www.budgetbytes.com/2013/04/funky-monkey-baked-oatmeal/
    Apples and cranberries http://www.budgetbytes.com/2013/10/cranberry-apple-baked-oatmeal/
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I believe what I use is old fashioned oatmeal, and I make porridge with equal amounts of water and whole milk. I would like to eat it more often than once every two weeks or so, but there are so many foods and I have just one tiny stomach. I think it tastes great with a pat of butter.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I do s'mores or rocky road oatmeal (steel cut oats) and plan on trying cookies and cream oatmeal. - www.theproteinchef.co
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Everyday! I love mine mixed in with ON casein, coconut flour, flax meal and fruit. Sometimes I will mix in peanut butter & chocolate chips.
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    wrong thread. disregard :)
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Now I want oatmeal cookies.
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I like the taste of oatmeal but not the texture, so I've used it as a flour substitute for pancakes, tortillas, muffins, and other quick-breads. Now I'm expanding into yeast territory, and dragging oatmeal/flour, kicking and screaming there with me.
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Now I want oatmeal cookies.

I just finished eating 7 Macadamia Nut cookies..2 more to go
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Just wondering do you eat a lot of oatmeal on your weight loss journey?? If so do you use old fashioned or quick oats and what do you put in it to make it taste better?

Old fashioned, almond milk, chia seeds, walnuts, strawberries, blackberries or blueberries and a pinch of salt.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    tomteboda wrote: »
    Only under protest or in cookies.

Sounds about right.

That stuff only tastes good with a ton of sugar in it. The question "want some oatmeal with that sugar" applies in my case.
  • cabwj
    cabwj Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Old fashioned, cooked with chicken broth in the microwave, and topped with a fried egg.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »

Not a lot. Once a month maybe.
    I prefer baked oatmeal. Usually use old fashioned rolled oats.
    Strawberry cheesecake baked oatmeal http://www.thewholesomedish.com/strawberry-cheesecake-baked-oatmeal/
    Funky Monkey baked oatmeal- coconut, peanut butter, banana and chocolate http://www.budgetbytes.com/2013/04/funky-monkey-baked-oatmeal/
    Apples and cranberries http://www.budgetbytes.com/2013/10/cranberry-apple-baked-oatmeal/

I need that strawberry cheesecake oatmeal in my life!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    I do s'mores or rocky road oatmeal (steel cut oats) and plan on trying cookies and cream oatmeal. - www.theproteinchef.co

What have you done to me linking to that website. OMG the pineapple oats. His chocolate chip protein brownies.

I'm dead.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options

What have you done to me linking to that website. OMG the pineapple oats. His chocolate chip protein brownies.

I'm dead.

The majority of his recipes are freaky awesome. Best discover I have made in a long time. The banana oat muffins with protein frosting are really good.. major drool.

• GottaBurnEmAll
    Options

I'm dead.

The majority of his recipes are freaky awesome. Best discover I have made in a long time. The banana oat muffins with protein frosting are really good.. major drool.

His baking mix is gluten free and it's a really decent price too, and all the recipes I looked at were simple to make gluten free. I'm in big trouble. Protein is so filling for me, and protein sweets are right up my alley. The older I've gotten, the bigger my sweet tooth is.

Banana oat muffins with frosting you say? I'm off to look those up. I love all things banana.