How do you reward yourself?

Options
13»

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    I reward myself by buying myself a new pair of earrings for every 10 lbs lost, I have a lot of really cute earrings now
  • ARoseC2012
    ARoseC2012 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    my rewards are simple: getting my nails done (a very rare treat), buying a new book (must be new release $10+), a new purse (i collet them), new make-up or hair stuff, new body wash, a massage.

right now im trying to loose 8 pounds by the fith of next month, and at that goal i get a my nails done.

you see, i dont really need the rewards, seeing that number drop on the scale is good enough, feeling my clothes get looser is great, but sometimes treating myself is like getting a good score on an exam (im a college student) so it keeps the motivation going.
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Im going to reward myself for driving home from work and then reward myself for waking up before my alarm and then reward myself for thinking up great rewards for myself. If you want to by trinkets and messages and crap, just go do it. If your motivation to lose weight is trinkets, you got your reasons all screwed up. Its like saying you need to reward yourself for rewarding yourself with better health. That’s like buying myself a treat because I bought myself a treat. Health is the first wealth. When you understand that you will finally realize that rewarding yourself for better health is not needed and redundant. If you couldnt reward yourself, would you stop trying to lose weight? If the anwer is no, then the rewards are just an excuse to reward yourself.

Nope. Never gonna stop trying to be fit. But there's no reason we can't celebrate some small successes along the way to our ultimate goal of a healthy life. Knowing how many people start this journey and give up for every possible reason under the sun, we should be able to celebrate major milestones. And some of us do need excuses to reward ourselves because we put all of our energy/money into our families and put ourselves last. The journey of health is finally putting ourselves first and allowing rewards is another way of moving our own importance up that ladder a little bit.
  • nicolaturner1986
    nicolaturner1986 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Im going to reward myself for driving home from work and then reward myself for waking up before my alarm and then reward myself for thinking up great rewards for myself. If you want to by trinkets and messages and crap, just go do it. If your motivation to lose weight is trinkets, you got your reasons all screwed up. Its like saying you need to reward yourself for rewarding yourself with better health. That’s like buying myself a treat because I bought myself a treat. Health is the first wealth. When you understand that you will finally realize that rewarding yourself for better health is not needed and redundant. If you couldnt reward yourself, would you stop trying to lose weight? If the anwer is no, then the rewards are just an excuse to reward yourself.

I wonder if your response would have been the same before you lost the 155lb your counter says you've lost?

This post was meant to be light hearted, there is nothing wrong with allowing yourself a little treat be it food, material items, holidays, etc, What works for one may not work for another. It's not fair for you to come on here and berate people for wanting to have little treats to work towards to make the journey ahead a little more bearable.

I gained my weight during pregnancy and whilst suffering with severe postnatal depression, health should be the top of my priorities, yet it isn't. I have my own reasons for losing the weight, reasons that are just as real and important to me as being healthy is to you. If having little rewards or treats along the way to help me focus on the little goals helps me or other people get to their ultimate target then that's great.
  • thebowhunter
    thebowhunter Posts: 173
    Options
    I wonder if your response would have been the same before you lost the 155lb your counter says you've lost?

Yes it would have been and has been since not once along the way did I reward myself with a trinket or message or anything. Rewards are not the reason for my loss. Getting healthy and fit are the motivation.
    It's not fair for you to come on here and berate people for wanting to have little treats to work towards to make the journey ahead a little more bearable.

Fair? What does fairness have to do with it? I am expressing an opinion like others have done that likewise said that tricks and treats are not something they use or see value in.
    I have my own reasons for losing the weight, reasons that are just as real and important to me as being healthy is to you.

I would hope and think being healthy is important to you. In fact I think everybody here places great value in that as prime motivation of losing weight. I doubt very much you fill find many here that took on weight loss as a reason to treat themselves, Its more likely the treating of themselves got them into the situation in the first place.
    If having little rewards or treats along the way to help me focus on the little goals helps me or other people get to their ultimate target then that's great.

Yes, that’s great but lets go back to your first post and your question to me (and everybody else). You asked:
    How do you reward yourself when you have done well?

I then offered my opinion of such a mindset. That’s what we do here on a chat room when you ask us questions. We offer opinions.
  • amandzor
    amandzor Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    At -10lbs I bought myself new running shoes.

For -25lbs I bought myself a personalized T-shirt.

For -50lbs I plan on buying myself a new jacket

For -75lbs I plan on buying myself a bike.

For -100lbs I haven't decided just yet, but it's gonna be something -big-

For -123lbs (goal weight) I plan on a trip of some sort (where depending on financials).

A friend of mine who is also on a weightloss journey has similar markers with 'rewards' which suit her. It's a happy celebration I think, to remind yourself of the victory. And everytime you put on those new shoes, or see that bike, you remember where you were, how far you've come and never go go back.
  • rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    Options

Yes it would have been and has been since not once along the way did I reward myself with a trinket or message or anything. Rewards are not the reason for my loss. Getting healthy and fit are the motivation.
    It's not fair for you to come on here and berate people for wanting to have little treats to work towards to make the journey ahead a little more bearable.

Fair? What does fairness have to do with it? I am expressing an opinion like others have done that likewise said that tricks and treats are not something they use or see value in.
    I have my own reasons for losing the weight, reasons that are just as real and important to me as being healthy is to you.

I would hope and think being healthy is important to you. In fact I think everybody here places great value in that as prime motivation of losing weight. I doubt very much you fill find many here that took on weight loss as a reason to treat themselves, Its more likely the treating of themselves got them into the situation in the first place.
    If having little rewards or treats along the way to help me focus on the little goals helps me or other people get to their ultimate target then that's great.

Yes, that’s great but lets go back to your first post and your question to me (and everybody else). You asked:
    How do you reward yourself when you have done well?

I then offered my opinion of such a mindset. That’s what we do here on a chat room when you ask us questions. We offer opinions.
    You're not offering your opinion. You are being sarcastic and mocking other people. What bothers you so much about people doing something nice for themselves after having met a goal? A reward does not mean that they are not grateful for their newfound health--it's just a bonus.