Body fat estimation?

Options
2»

Replies

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    edickson76 wrote: »
    So am I eating a good amount of fats now? I just thought it'd be a good idea to get a lot if possible as I do have amenorrhea and I thought an increase in fat intake could help that? Or am I incorrect in my thinking? Wow, I didn't realize that I was having too much protein, good to know thank you!!
    As for cardio, I may have to transition a bit slower than that, as I know that if I do too much at once, I'm likely to have a lot of anxiety issues. I'm thinking I'll scale back to 1.5 hours and maybe try to hit 2100 this week? Or is that too many calories? Thank you so much for your help!!!
    Fat intake is fine (I have no idea whether it helps with amenorrhea). As for total calories, that is more complicated given your cardio. Your maintenance is probably somewhere in the 1500 calorie range give or take 200 calories. So, 2000 is a fine starting point. But all your cardio is going to burn off all the excess and perhaps more--a slow jog for 2 hours will burn more than 700 calories at your weight, for example.

Might be easiest to keep caloric intake steady and just gradually reduce cardio, but if you want to see gains faster, then I'd add another 250 calories/day starting tomorrow. Pick the path that makes you comfortable so that you don't start down the eating disorder road again.

Ooh I like that idea!! I'll start gradually reducing the cardio because quite honestly when I do that much, I end up spending hours and hours in the gym and not enough time studying or hanging with friends or having a life!!! Thank you so much everyone for all your help!! I'll keep you all updated

Hours and hours of cardio isn't good for you unless you are an endurance athlete. It can be a sign of exercise bulimia and I urge you to make sure you keep in touch with your treatment team and make sure they are aware of your habits. Stress can be a huge trigger for EDs so please watch yourself and take steps to stay healthy. Good luck to you.