No tattoos is the new rebellion!!

Some tattoos are nice, most are "meh", but have never really felt compelled to get one personally. Oddly enough, they're so common now that when people find out I don't have any (since "how many tats do you have" is now common small talk), they're often suprised. One guy even said "oh wow, that's cool!!". Apparently I'm a rebel. Who knew.

Replies

• D4LB
    D4LB Posts: 601 Member
    I always knew I was some kind of rebellion haha no tats for me either lol
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited November 2016
    lol alt becomes pop
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,908 Member
    Have never had a desire to get one. That may have come from my old school bodybuilding days because back then, tattoos basically "ruined" physiques. Now they aren't uncommon on many bodybuilders.
    Lots of friends have encouraged me, but again I've just had no desire to get one.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    I am just a sissy, when it comes to; physical pain but I do, desire them!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    JoyMaillet wrote: »
    One guy even said "oh wow, that's cool!!". Apparently I'm a rebel. Who knew.

i'm too old for people to have that reaction, i guess. but nope, nothing going on here either.

• Grey_1
    Grey_1 Posts: 1,139 Member
    None here either. I just never wanted one.
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    I love my tats,as long as they are done by a professional they can be really nice.
  • jvcjim
    jvcjim Posts: 812 Member
    i've only ever wanted one, but so far my wife has vetoed it claiming it is her right. the one i want would be on my chest and simple say "Do NOT Resuscitate"
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    My many scars and my specially located birth mark are enough markings for me.. No real desire to get one at this point in my life..
  • schibsted750
    schibsted750 Posts: 355 Member
    normcore HxC
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    I didn't get one(other than medical reasons) until I turned 47.

It's a simple quote with a simple font that is simply perfect for me. I didn't get it to talk about or show anyone, but there is nothing wrong with having them or not. Life is about living in the moment, your moments...
  • shaq370
    shaq370 Posts: 36 Member
    I've been debating about one for the longest time, but I'm a perfectionist and I know I would always want to perfect it, and end up looking like a graffitied wall
  • adrjohuk
    adrjohuk Posts: 2 Member
    Tattoos.... Then lose a couple of stone... Ruined! None for me!
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    I never had a desire for a tattoo until I turned 50, then my daughter came up with the idea for a family tattoo for the female generation of the family. We each have to have the same tattoo, but it can be any color and any size, it could also be integrated with a more elaborate design, but the basic tattoo had to remain the same. My mother, who was 68 at the time, thought it was a great idea and it was the very first (and only...lol) tattoo for her. So if you have no desire for one, then don't get it. I know many people that don't have one and I know many that do.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    I have seen some that were tastefully done and placed, even sexy; and I have seen some that were horrific, and I couldn't imagine having to look at them every day.

Personally, my birthday suit is as good as new. I have been screwin' around with the idea of getting one for a long time, based on the idea that my father's father's father's lineage goes back to Denmark and the Vikings - I considered getting this on my left shoulder:

axjl4akjdka9.jpg

...but I've never found an artist I considered worthy. Not yet...

• ninjarutabega
    ninjarutabega Posts: 7 Member
    I found a tattoo artist in the Ukraine that I'm really in love with. That's not too unreasonable, is it? US-> Ukraine for forever art?