No tattoos is the new rebellion!!

Replies

• Grey_1
    Grey_1 Posts: 1,139 Member
    kbmnurse wrote: »
    I don't like tattoos at all on anyone. Period.

I'm not really a fan either, but I never let tattoos color my opinion of someone either. There's a whole lot more to a person than whether they decide to ink themselves or not.
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    I don't have any but I've thought about getting one a lot. I think if they are done right and flow with the body they can be sexy. I just can't decide on what and where and I'm a perfectionist too. I like to switch up my style a lot and I'm not sure if tattoos fit my ever changing ideals for myself. Plus, I have a lot of moles and freckles that I feel are nature's design anyway and would get in the way of anything I'd really want. I'd probably have a back piece by now if I had less moles. Ya but tattoos are cool I just think I would go crazy myself if it wasn't 'perfect'. I used to have a number of piercings though but they were removed and you'd only be able to tell if I pointed out the scar.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    I haven't been drunk enough yet.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Love tattoos. I love getting them. I love watching them get done on others. My mom would throw tattoo parties whenever she felt like getting work done. He'd tattoo several people then get an awesome dinner and my mom would free work.
    I currently have 5 with a 6th on the way. Two were done before I turned 18, had to have a job to pay for it and A's and B's at school. I don't regret them.

Best thing about tattooed people, they don't care if you're not tattooed. I've had to comfort a coworker who was harassed for an entire visit, minimum of two hours, about being tattooed.
  • FrozenTundra511
    FrozenTundra511 Posts: 206 Member
    Rottified wrote: »
    Best thing about tattooed people, they don't care if you're not tattooed.

Yep. I didn't get mine for the sake of others. I got them because the art represents something about me.
    They're only visible at the gym and if a person doesn't like them, that's their issue. Not mine. :wink:
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    _unsteady_ wrote: »

Not a good idea to get tatted while drunk

My daughter is a tattoo artist and will not tattoo anyone who has been drinking. Not sure if that is common in the industry or just her. I'm thinking there wouldn't be many tattoos done in Sturgis if that were the case. She's also very selective about who and what she tattoos and will discourage someone who is looking for something she thinks has a spur of the moment idea that they won't like next week. And also no "flash."
  • FrozenTundra511
    FrozenTundra511 Posts: 206 Member
    edited November 2016
    Rocknut53 wrote: »

Not a good idea to get tatted while drunk

My daughter is a tattoo artist and will not tattoo anyone who has been drinking. Not sure if that is common in the industry or just her. I'm thinking there wouldn't be many tattoos done in Sturgis if that were the case. She's also very selective about who and what she tattoos and will discourage someone who is looking for something she thinks has a spur of the moment idea that they won't like next week. And also no "flash."

This seems relevant. :smile:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uy2lyWo7II
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    mij140 wrote: »

I don't like close-minded rude people.

Period.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    mij140 wrote: »

I don't like close-minded rude people.

I don't understand how that is close-minded or rude. You stated your opinion. She stated hers. I don't like a lot of things but that doesn't make me close-minded nor rude.

What's close-minded and rude is not being open to others' opinions.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited November 2016
    While I don't mind tattoos on others, they are generally frowned upon in the white collar world. You cannot pass an interview in my neck of the woods with tattoos showing out of your neck or sleeves.

What is also gaining traction is the de-tattoo industry.

It's also dependent upon where, the white collar careers're located! If an area has a high amount of people, with those types of tattoos; then they might be the only 1's available to hire!
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited November 2016
    Well I must be, a rebellious 1 because 3 pages in & I am the only 1, whom's admitted to not; having any because of being too sissified, to deal with; the pain!
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    While I don't mind tattoos on others, they are generally frowned upon in the white collar world. You cannot pass an interview in my neck of the woods with tattoos showing out of your neck or sleeves.

What is also gaining traction is the de-tattoo industry.

Hmmm...."white collar" industry worker here...and you won't find a single person in my office without a visible tattoo, piercing or alternative hair cut/color. We must be in different "necks" of the woods...
  • fastingrabbit
    fastingrabbit Posts: 90 Member
    Caaat! Fiiight!

And as I recently learned, a cat is a grown *kitten* right? Or is it the other way around? Hmm . . .
  • stacyanne052877
    stacyanne052877 Posts: 9 Member
    I absolutely adore and admire them on other people! Myself, nope...I would decide what I think I would love and a week later..."Get this off of me!"
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Not putting a bumper sticker on this one-of-a-kind, custom model.