P90X Support

Options
Hi everyone,
I will be starting a P90X challenge group for 5 people beginning September 15th. I love using a combination of my fitness pal (for nutrition) and Facebook (for open communication). If you were planning on starting P90X soon, leave a post below or message me. If you have questions about P90X I'm here to help:)

My wife and I have completed P90X three times and it has changed everything for our family.

e016930d-3319-4301-b3ad-71bcefd0efe1_zps9def7237.jpg

Replies

• allijoy13
    allijoy13 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Simon,

I love your programs! I was thinking about doing P90X again...but I completely understand if you need to recruit some new names/faces.

-Allison
  • simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Simon,

I love your programs! I was thinking about doing P90X again...but I completely understand if you need to recruit some new names/faces.

-Allison

I would love to have you join Allison. I could do with your experience in our group. Your participation and positive attitude is greatly appreciated.
    Thank you for your kind words .
  • shanighias
    shanighias Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    i am in
  • simonkurth
    Options
    sounds great mate. I will give you the details
  • YvetteA80
    YvetteA80 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I definitely want to be a part of this challange. :bigsmile:
  • goncalo_PT
    goncalo_PT Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi Simon! I'm in another part of the world/time zone. Could I still join? I started my first round of P90X four days ago.
  • simonkurth
    Options
    sure guys- I will get some info out soon :)
  • goncalo_PT
    goncalo_PT Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi Simon! I'm from Portugal, in Europe. Let me know how the group works! Thanks!
  • simonkurth
    Options
    I'm sorry I missed this mate.
  • allijoy13
    Options
    SImon,

Is the plan for us all to stat on 9/15 (that's what I assumed) or is it just for anyone at any stage of P90X?

-Allison
  • simonkurth
    Options
    Hi Alison,

I actually wanted the group to start 8/15. I made a mistake in the original post. Does that work better for you ?
  • allijoy13
    Options
    Funny, that's what I originally thought it was and then when I saw 9/15, I figured I must have read the original post wrong! 8/15 works for me. Still curious, is the goal for us all to start on 8/15 with Day 1?
  • simonkurth
    Options
    You can start earlier if you're itching to go lol. You're my experience trooper lol.
  • simonkurth
    Options
    Getting close now
  • allijoy13
    Options
    I'm excited!! I have to see what starting on a Thursday does for my schedule. I may start on the 12th so that I have weights M, W, F.

BUT, I like the idea of being on the exact same day as my fellow p90xers!
  • scases
    scases Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A friend gave me p90x this week. I want to start the program on Monday 9/12. Any advice for someone that has not worked out in many years. I don't know the difference in the programs. Which one should I start with lean or classic? What do I need in addition to the videos. I think I may have a couple of 5 pound weights and some resistance bands.
  • simonkurth
    Options
    I'm excited!! I have to see what starting on a Thursday does for my schedule. I may start on the 12th so that I have weights M, W, F.

BUT, I like the idea of being on the exact same day as my fellow p90xers!

How about we start on Monday the 19th? Would that work better? I'm flexible
  • simonkurth
    Options
    Hi Scases,

I started with the Lean Version for my first round. In retrospect the classic version is a better choice. I would recommend subbing out Plyometrics with Cardio X to begin with. Plyo is very hard on the knees etc, especially of you haven't worked out for a while. The 5 pound weights and resistance bands will work well.

Make sure you preview one of the DVDs first. I would recommend you watch Chest and Back to see how the pull ups are done. I started with bands for pulls ups and it worked great. It will involve a little logistics as far as where to set up up your pull up band station.

You will also need a Yoga mat and 1 yoga block (depending on your yoga experience)

I am a Beachbody coach and I run support groups for the people I help. If you would like to join our upcoming group message me and I can add you. The groups are free :)

Have a nice day
    Simon
  • allijoy13
    Options
    Don't change the date for me! I actually leave for my next business trip on the 19th, so I'm more likely to stick with it if I've started before I leave. I will aim to start on the 12th.

For the person doing their first round of P90X, I wanted to add that I started my first round with bands - it was a great way to start and as soon as I got the hang of it/felt more confident, I started looking for weights at garage sales, on craigs list, etc. and built up my free weight collection.

Looking forward to our start!!
  • rhia575
    rhia575 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I would love to do this too and start at the same time as y'all, i've never done it before and i'm getting the feeling i'll need the motivation to keep going! I've ordered my weights and waiting on them arriving. So what is the planned starting date ? (: