What's the most unpopular thing to say on MFP?

Options
1235»

Replies

• MichelleLea122
    MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    "You're eating too little and your body has gone into starvation mode. You should up your calories to lose weight. Screw the laws of thermogenics, {insert 1950's study about how holocaust survivors entered starvation mode to prove point that adaptive thermogenesis is a real physiological phenomenon}."
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

AnvilHead wrote: »
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    "Use the freaking search feature."

I've always wanted to say that...

Yes. Especially when people post "who's doing keto?" a hundred times a day. :s

Along with the obligatory daily (or more) "How often do you weigh?" thread.

Yeah, I hardly ever click on those anymore.

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

To be fair, there's only so much you can say about basic weight loss. The forums would be pretty dead if it weren't for threads like that.

• Untiligetmyusernameback
    Options

Every time the "Anybody else doing keto???" thread pops up, I want to reply "Nope. You're the only one. Nobody else in the world has ever tried it." :D

AnvilHead, I was honestly wondering something . . . How often do you weigh?
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

Every time the "Anybody else doing keto???" thread pops up, I want to reply "Nope. You're the only one. Nobody else in the world has ever tried it." :D

AnvilHead, I was honestly wondering something . . . How often do you weigh?

I,too, would be really interested in your response. ;)
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I'd say the most unpopular thing to say would be "Its NOT cico."
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,915 Member
    Options
    The obligatory "I wash my food before I eat it" comments in clean eating threads. That's probably just unpopular with me and incredibly annoying :grumble:

That's unpopular with me as well. I think a more useful response would be to ask the OP how they define clean eating. Snarking about washing food before eating it just shuts down discussion.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,915 Member
    Options

Ya, it would be nice if new posters were directed towards the search feature before they were allowed to post and/or if duplicate threads occurring within the same days were shut down, with a note from the mods pointing users towards the search feature.

I'd rather have necro threads resurrected than all the "Any other vegans?" threads.*

*This is not bashing veganism. In fact, I am so supportive of veganism that I am often confused for one. I just wish people would use the search feature and contribute to existing threads.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    My use of phrasing like landwhale, landslug, Rascal Riders, and trundling behemoths seems to draw plenty of ire. vOv

What is a rascal rider? ...the others I think I can work out

Rascals are a brand of motorized scooter.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I am "addicted to sugar, junk food, you name it......"