So I set my max calories for Thanksgiving at........

Options
13»

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I dunno how much I ended up eating Thanksgiving or yesterday

I bought and ate a bunch of cheap, high calorie food yesterday because of how late we ended up eating Thanksgiving. It was too late to have leftovers and more desserts for dinner on Thursday. I wanted my dang full feast day

I'll have some coffee soon because it's cold but Im not looking to eat anytime soon
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    So I went back and logged thanksgiving, to the best of my recollection. Was about 3500 calories. About 900 of which was wine :D. Not too bad....
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,913 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    3,500. And today I didn't go over. Like usual I only eat 2 meals a day and snack the rest of the time. Full enough now that all I'm having the rest of the evening is Diet Cherry Pepsi. Life is good.
    BTW, I did weigh my food. Relatives had fun with my scale too.

Anyone else count today?

I estimated and think I was around 2,000 calories for the day. Didn't cook. Am cooking tomorrow for my mother's birthday because it's just not Thanksgiving without a turkey carcass to clean and make soup & leftovers.

I'm going to make the Joy of Cooking's Turkey Enchiladas Verdes Monday (using store bought sauce.)

I've also got my eye on Cook's Country's Rustic Turkey Tart, but don't think my OH will go for it.

Will make turkey & rice soup.

• starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Ate about 2700 which is not so bad for one day, but had another 2400 in leftovers (mostly pies) yesterday. Ugh! But back at it today, and even with more leftovers, got the scale back out and am being careful.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    It was the gluten free cheesecake that maxed me out...and the creamy horseradish sauce for the prime rib. All worth it! It had been so many years since I enjoyed cheesecake.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,540 Member
    Options
    What adds up the calories the most for me is the desserts. This year, I chose one and didn't go back for seconds, which is why I didn't exceed. Oh and I ate it slow.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I have no idea but I ate all the things. I'm an ex-pat American in Scotland and we had a Scottish thanksgiving. So much food I had an actual food baby when I came back home and looked pregnant. I'm going to guess 3,500 calories minimum since I drank a lot of prosecco too. Have eaten less the days since and it all evens out.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    phnxrth wrote: »
    Boy, a lot of you first few commenters really max out on that deal. I'd weigh 400 lbs if I let myself eat like that. Not keeping track today, though. Too many yummy leftovers.

You'd weigh 400 pounds if you ate like that every day.

We're not eating like this every day.

Chill.

For everyone else in the thread... THE AFTERMATH...

Interestingly, I wasn't hungry at all today until around 3:30 this afternoon after yesterday's shenanigans.

I've been up since 5:00 this morning!

That never ever happens to me.
  • a45cal
    a45cal Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have no idea but I ate all the things. I'm an ex-pat American in Scotland and we had a Scottish thanksgiving. So much food I had an actual food baby when I came back home and looked pregnant. I'm going to guess 3,500 calories minimum since I drank a lot of prosecco too. Have eaten less the days since and it all evens out.

Hey, I used to be an ex-pat American in Scotland! (Now I'm an ex-pat American in Canada). But my Thanksgivings there were do-it-yourself affairs that were always as traditional as I could make them. Did you add black/white pudding and haggis to yours to make it extra Scottish-y or something?

(For anyone who's unaware of why I'm asking, Scotland doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving.)
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Ate what I wanted wednesday night through saturday night. Had a peanut buster parfait at DQ by the beach yesterday, as well as popcorn with butter last night. Haven't done the DQ in years, but the popcorn was a regular thing that easily leads to weight gain in me. Anywho, today I'm up to 172.4 from a low last week of 168.8. Back in the saddle again now, its SOOO easy to go over when I'm at 1200 calories to lose. No regrets, I know from past experience that it will still take until wednesday for water weight to leave and show any actual weight gain.

Back to 1100-1200 until christmas!
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    This was my third Thanksgiving since I started counting. I ate all I wanted, and logged in around 2600 calories for the day. I'm at a net deficit of 3900 for the week though, including that day, so it's all good.
  • babybear_mt
    babybear_mt Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I attempted to log it, but then gave up and snarfed down a bunch of delicious desserts. Thanksgiving is one of my days that calories don't count :-)
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I set my calories to maintenance for the whole week of Thanksgiving, because I had family in town, was eating out a lot, and of course the holiday was a big factor. I wasn't able to weigh and measure, but I used very generous estimates all week. I closed out Thanksgiving day at 3,737 calories -- that's including breakfast, snacks, wine, and a 600-calorie quick add I put in just to be safe. I closed out the week 1,700 calories under maintenance even though I was eating abundantly!

I feel pretty smug about all this, to be honest. I am not great at "normal" eating, so a whole week of relaxed restrictions without bingeing is a big deal to me. I've reset my calorie goal to losing .5lb/week so I can shift gears slowly (and so I can eat the leftovers before they go bad), and by Friday I'll be back on track for losing 1.5lbs/week. And I had a truly wonderful holiday.
  • starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I still have good leftovers and am the only one in the family that loves leftovers lol. Should I toss and call it a holiday?
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I just ate normal and was very satisfied. Stayed under my 1760 limit..no prob. Now Tuesday is my BD so I have to plan for the red velvet cake at work..then cheese cake at home!!!