Am I the only one who LIKES doms?

Options
2»

Replies

• OblasMummy
    OblasMummy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm so sore today that everytime my kids touch me I feel like I'm being stabbed with tiny knives! Usually I don't mind DOMS but today has been tough with a clingy 2 yr old!!
  • alipsie19
    alipsie19 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Ouch! I remember those days. My son was a hitter. Used to beat on me from the waist down. All I could do was laugh. He doubled me over on many occasions. We still laugh about it.
  • megan_elizabeth8
    megan_elizabeth8 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Unless it interferes with my next workout then yes! I know it's not true but I still always feel like I've worked harder when I'm sore... so for me it's satisfying to wake up sore the next day :wink:
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    rlaramee2 wrote: »
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    I kind of enjoy it too

But then I'm a little twisted

Same here. I used to run marathons just for the pain in my muscles.

You had to bold that part huh? :bigsmile:
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Love them...Apart from ab soreness when I sneeze. That is not fun.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    i like the sensation of it, if it's not so strong it's actually painful. like pressing a bruise.

and i also like it as a guideline. i'm not really in the 'proves i worked hard enough' camp, but i have so much trouble recruiting the right muscles for certain lifts, or knowing which ones i'm using in the moment. so i do kind of hope the doms will show up the next day as a kind of marker of which ones i used. that way i can tell if i'm on the right track.

or so i imagine-slash-tell-myself anyway.
  • Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I love feeling sore. Not just DOMS. I used to love the bruises on my shins and cracked knuckles from kickboxing. But I guess I'm pretty twisted too.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    I love it. The only places that I can't stand having it is my calves, hamstrings, and lower back. Those three kill.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who LIKES doms?
    I took a week off of lifting, getting back to regular routine plus a two hour spin class tore up my legs.

Not me. I workout to prepare for life's challenges, and for that i need all my strength and mobility back the next day. I can't give my best if i don't feel great. So i intentionally try to avoid soreness by progressing slower. Same end result, less pain. It also makes it easier to feel injuries without DOMS.
    i have so much trouble recruiting the right muscles for certain lifts, or knowing which ones i'm using in the moment. so i do kind of hope the doms will show up the next day as a kind of marker of which ones i used. that way i can tell if i'm on the right track.

That's sort of like judging your driving ability by how warm your car gets afterward. If you're unsure of your form, consider hiring a good trainer, or at least video yourself. :+1: