Options
    feel free to add me.
    cw: 157.4
    gw: 115
    i'm 5'3 and have already lost 28 lbs.
  • mskanakana
    mskanakana Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Please add me! 5'3" and need to lose 30lbs (then possibly going to shoot for another 10lbs). I keep my diary open for others to look through, hoping to add some friends that do the same for meal ideas. I'm at 1200 calories per day. My 2017 New Years resolution is to not complain about anything so only positive posts from me!
  • starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to know what others calorie limits are? I'm 5"3' CW171 GW 135. I have a fitbit charge2 which tracks my heart rate and thus calories burned all day (and night). Looking over my average calories burned a day, to have a 20% deficit would put my calorie limit at 1700-1900. Keep in mind this is factoring in exercise. But, this still seems high to me in order to lose weight. How many calories are you eating at the end of the day and still seeing success with a safe weight loss? I figure since we are similar sizes maybe someone here would have some accurate insight for me when it comes to setting my calorie limits

We have similar stats. 5'4 sw 164 cw 137 gw is 132. I lost over the last 4 months - maintaining during the holidays on purpose to not feel deprived. I've used 1200 as my TDEE for most days plus using the MFP exercise calories divided in half for additional calories. Now that I've gotten a fitbit and synching, I find that I'm getting many more calories than I did with manually adding/halving MFP. I am going to use the fitbit count for a few weeks to see if its accurate. If not, I will just halve everything like I did for MFP. Good luck to you!
  • tobeme3
    tobeme3 Posts: 22 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    How great is this! Anyone, feel free to add me, going to start adding some peeps as well.

5'3.
    Cw: 168
    GW: 130

Getting back into tracking, aiming for 1200-1400 calories, )average about 1500 now, but need more discipline, learning how to make it work, with more veggies, juicing, im moving towards being a vegetarian, rarely eat meat.. and working out 5-6 times a week, h.i.t.t. routines, yoga, pilates, weights, like variety and challenge..

Also, quit drinking..

So happy to have found similar height/weight people... :smiley:
  • christina_foote
    christina_foote Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!! I'm 5'3 and currently 144 pounds my goal weight is 110. I know it's going to take time and dedication, but Im prepared to put in work!! I need some fitness gal pals who I can talk to and motivate and get some help in return! feel free to add me !!
  • meat513
    meat513 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like!! Need 32lbs to be gone asap
  • pesigrandi
    pesigrandi Posts: 74 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and small boned at about 135. Goal weight is 115 but well toned. Because my weight gain is mostly in the upper body (still have slender legs) I will be returning to weight lifting and walking. I'm more interested in getting my hour glass back.
  • juliemargaretkim
    juliemargaretkim Posts: 206 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    "For me, I want a sustainable way of eating that allows me to still have fun, still enjoy food (because I LOVE food), but not shoot back up the scale once I start eating "normal." I try to fill the majority of my day with fruits and veggies and "healthy" things, but leave room for that treat or that glass of wine. The mindset change has to be "I CAN have this if I make it fit."[/quote]-- Amandadancer

This is me EXACTLY!! I am 59 years old, and I have made getting fit and staying healthy a priority this year, and I am living my life that way now. I have NEVER been this successful losing weight before, and it's because of the 1. mindset and 2. tracking calories.
  • mmmarlene2016
    mmmarlene2016 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello I have a long way to go. I need to lose 50lbs and could really use some support. I'm 5'3 and I'm 41 years old. Thx for the support :)
  • juliemargaretkim
    juliemargaretkim Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hello I have a long way to go. I need to lose 50lbs and could really use some support. I'm 5'3 and I'm 41 years old. Thx for the support :)

marlene -- just start tracking calories on my fitness pal. I find that weighing myself everyday works for me -- but some wait and weigh weekly. Stay under your calorie goal (for me, it's 1200 -- I started at 152 and put in I wanted to lose 20 lbs --I've now lost 23!) but do what MFP suggests on your food log -- and it WILL work! Tracking calories DOES work -- but you've got to be vigilant -- really log everything! Make it a priority. It gets easier and easier. And give it time. I lost about 1 lb. /week, which would have been too slow for me a few years ago, but now the weight is gone and it's NOT coming back! In a couple of weeks you will feel so much better. Good Luck!
  • Bee_B
    Bee_B Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 5'4" and 147 lbs. My goal weight is 125-130ish. When I started on MFP in 2011, my starting weight was around 154 lbs (my highest ever). I was able to lose 30 lbs (yay!) in about a year with regular tracking and exercise but have slowly gained almost all of it back. I'm determined to lose it again and keep it off this time! I like to keep active by working out at home (Beachbody programs, Jillian Michaels programs, etc) and I have tried running in the past but it's hard on my knees. I'm currently on the 3rd week of the 21 Day Fix. Please feel free to add me!
  • wheresthewinediet
    Options
    I'm a shorty too (5'3") hoping to lose 28lbs. Just joined today and started 21 Day Fix yesterday.

Starting weight: 168lbs
    Goal weight: 140lbs
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Bee_B wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I'm 5'4" and 147 lbs. My goal weight is 125-130ish. When I started on MFP in 2011, my starting weight was around 154 lbs (my highest ever). I was able to lose 30 lbs (yay!) in about a year with regular tracking and exercise but have slowly gained almost all of it back. I'm determined to lose it again and keep it off this time! I like to keep active by working out at home (Beachbody programs, Jillian Michaels programs, etc) and I have tried running in the past but it's hard on my knees. I'm currently on the 3rd week of the 21 Day Fix. Please feel free to add me!
    Bee_B, it sounds like we're in the same place. I lost about 15 last year, then gained it back. Running won't work for me anymore, and even Jillian's workouts make my knees crunch funny. I keep my calories around 1200, but I'm not very active. I've just started working out again, and only burn about 200. My metabolism needs to be revved up, then maybe I can allow some more calories. Staying injury-free is key for me, and I've made it 1/2 way through Jillian's 30 day shred. I've only lost a pound, but I'm looking long-term. Good luck Bee!