5' - 5'3" females- want to lose 25-30 lbs

Options

Replies

• Loumossmfp78
    Loumossmfp78 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Im 5'2 started 163ib lost 14ib and ive 23ib to go!
    Currently on 1200 cals
    Just started running and insanity!
    Feel free to add me
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Blech, I gained 2 this week from TOM. Makes my weigh-in kinda sad, but I'm in a group that weighs in EVERY Sunday. I had no choice, but maybe it will be gone by next Sunday.
    Sunday Weigh In -- Finishing Week #11 (77 days)
    SW: 155.6 - 12/4/2016
    PW: 138.4
    CW: 137.6
    GW: 122

I've lost 18 pounds! Going to go to the grocery store and gather up 18 pounds of fatty meat so I can fully appreciate my accomplishment! No luck finding trousers for work but did find a size 8 jeans in a box in my closet. They fit really well and look terrific!

Coming off of being sick, I'll need a level of exercise that is modest, without being lazy. Starting is always harder for me than maintaining, so I'll have to dig deep to make this happen. Hope everyone has a week of keeping their eye on the prize!

Way to go on the 18, and take it easy getting back into the exercise. I was sick last month (the flu), and the weakness held on a long time. Perhaps work out hard, but not as long. I worked out every day for a challenge I had joined, but it got to me. Or the opposite- work out easy, but long. Get started doing something! You're body will tell you what works (or not).
  • lizh9
    lizh9 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    SW: 145 2/1/17
    CW: 143.5
    GW: 120

I'm plugging along and trying to record everything I eat. I'm walking 10,000 steps everyday and yesterday and today I did an exercise DVD. Lots of work stress at the moment and if I can get up in the a.m. and work out before I go to my job, I know it will make things better! ...Just need to get to bed at a reasonable hour the night before ...that is the hard part for me.

Everyone is doing great with the losses!
    Liz
  • juliemargaretkim
    juliemargaretkim Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    So, for the ones asking about calories -- when I logged in way back in August, and I put in my starting weight (150 --which then went up to 152 a couple days later, btw) and I put in that I was looking to lose 20 pounds (I've just hit 27 pounds!) MFP put in a daily goal of 1200 calories for me. I've tried to stick to between 1000-1200 calories. I really load up on greens at lunch and dinner (at lunch for work I do the high protein thing--hard boiled eggs, low carb wrap, turkey pepperoni and protein bar) and snack on veggies -- I use raw zucchini like crackers -- and it keeps me able to add in a glass of wine and a treat (a little ice cream or frozen yogurt) every night. It's calories in, calories out -- and healthy choices! Some days I earn "extra" from doing yoga -- but I don't eat more because of it -- I may add in extra protein (another piece of chicken or fish) but that's it. Calories in, calories out. I'd rather have a huge (HUGE) salad at dinner with good stuff in it ( I've given up salad dressing and oil --and I don't miss it at all --put good stuff in your salad and it's delicious) and fill up with less calories than eat a little sugary or simple carb thing and be hungry with no calories left. It took me decades, and mfp, to figure this all out!
  • beachme14
    beachme14 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    No loss this week, but no gain either. I'm still motivated! Tried on some shorts from last year for an upcoming trip and thankfully they still fit. So that's a plus
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Update
    Sw 166
    Cw 159.5 lbs
    Gw 135
    Keep on pushing on everyone!

I'm 40. 5'2. 160 lbs looking to be 135.
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm 5'2 currently 160. Goal is 135. I'm 40 years old. 6 kids. Working on the Lee Labrada Lean 12-week plan right now. Add me if we're close in age/weight :)
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    PW 124.9
    CW 124.8 (YES! A whole .1!)

A loss is a loss!
    WTG!

• Mommyof6MN
    Mommyof6MN Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    msthang444 wrote: »
    Hi all! I'm 5'2 currently 160. Goal is 135. I'm 40 years old. 6 kids. Working on the Lee Labrada Lean 12-week plan right now. Add me if we're close in age/weight :)

I have six kids, 5'2, and will be 38 in May!! Sending you a friend request now
  • SheilaCali
    Options
    I've done Atkins before, and have been down to 125 on it. I was holding steady at 133 with some higher carb choices. I fell off the wagon and ate like a "normal" person last fall and was near 150. Yes, that's a 15 pound gain, in just months. I'm not back on Atkins, but I'm trying to keep carbs lower. I've only lost 5, and haven't lost anymore for a month. I'm considering going back on, as I cut some carbs already. Right now I'm between 1200-1300 cals. I'm upping my exercise, and just hoping for the scale to move. I've lost a couple of inches though, so that's cool. Juliemargaretkim, I may just eat more like you for the next few months- now if I could just do that power yoga...
  • juliemargaretkim
    juliemargaretkim Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    [Juliemargaretkim, I may just eat more like you for the next few months- now if I could just do that power yoga.
    [/quote]

SheilaCali -- you made me laugh out loud!! I'm not specifically doing "low carb" (in my mind, it's a version of the mediterranean diet -- so I get the wine included!) but I have to admit, it's much easier for me to just cut out the bread and grains and focus on the greens and veggies and proteins. I don't know why everyone doesn't eat making salad the major part of their dinner now! You can make it HUGE , and eat more and more and more until you're full -- just don't put the oil/dressing on -- my husband and I have been putting on yogurt based guacamole and I load up on spices -- lemon pepper, hot peppers, mushrooms sauteed with just garlic and turmeric....stuff like that. It's so good!! :D (Side note: by me eating this way, he's eating this way and he's lost 19 pounds as of today -- and I don't think he even meant to! He's looking goood!)

I am loving the yoga....that is true. See if there's a Bikram studio near you if there's not a Baptiste (Power) one... or go to youtube, then crank the heat up at your house (do you have a sauna? LOL!)
  • turtlemt20
    turtlemt20 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Please add me. Looking for motivational friends!

5' 3"
    SW: 144
    CW: 135
    GW: 118
  • happydaysmkm
    happydaysmkm Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Im 5 even. 25 yo. And trying to lose atleast 35 lbs. Its tough!
  • _toyatip08
    _toyatip08 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It's Wednesday already! Wow -- this week FLEW by. Loved having Monday to clean out stuff (and sleep in!).
    Did power yoga Saturday and Sunday (90 mins. each class) and yesterday (Tuesday) for 60 mins. (Power Hour!) Will take today off (walk/jog instead) and go tomorrow. 4X /week is my goal.

Here are the stats...still making progress towards that elusive 115!

SW 152
    PW 124.9
    CW 124.8 (YES! A whole .1!)
    GW 115

Height 5'3"

Next week: Looking for the 123! B)

You are doing a marvelous job! Keep it up.

• SheilaCali
    Options
    juliemargaretkim, I've not done too much yoga, as I've been trying to up my cardio- unsuccessfully. I've hurt myself every time, except the yoga class. That's more like stretching to me, which I desperately need more of. I belong to a gym, but they don't offer power yoga, and that's ok. Yoga isn't offered too many times a week, since there are so many crazier classes for those young "kids" that I can't do (yet). If I can't make it through Zumba Gold without limping, then I need to find something else. Haven't swum yet... there's a sauna at the gym, but my lungs can't handle it. It will be 100 degrees here before long, so I'll check out youtubes before then. Stay strong and limber- in your body AND mind! :)
  • _toyatip08
    _toyatip08 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    TGIF! It's my weigh in day.

SW: 164.8
    PW: 150.6
    CW: 149.2
    GW: 135

I'm so happy about my results. Have a fantabulous Friday ladies.
  • elizalove527
    elizalove527 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow that's great ..
  • fitchicks1
    fitchicks1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm just getting started after being off of here for about a year. I have also done WW in the past. I am determined to lose a persistent 15 and tone back up after hurting my back. I'd love some friends on here, so please add! Thank you :-)
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Amanda
    4'11"
    PW: 121.0 (I was WICKED bloated when I got on the scale)
    CW: 116.4
    GW: 109

--> did almost 6 pull-ups this morning!!! = PR
    I'd call it 5.75 pull-ups!
    wooohoo!

Day 6 of the 15day Idealfit Challenge = going well.
    Helped remove most of the bloating.
    Let's see how the rest of the Challenge goes.

One great thing I'm getting used to on this Challenge:
    since everything is weighed, when I plated my buffalo chicken breast and brown rice, I remember thinking: "That is not enough food!"
    But I drank a big glass of water before eating it, and I ate rather slowly, and when all the food was gone, I was rather surprised that I was kinda full.
    So now I don't have to eat a lot of food to get full.
    Learning to do smaller portions and letting my brain tell me that I'm full.

Amanda