How fast can I lose 30 pounds?

Options
13»

Replies

• ALittleBitLess1
    ALittleBitLess1 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Its great that you have got a goal but seriously dont stress about not being able to get there in 3 months, if you make it half way there the difference will still be amazing...:smile:
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    It's the wrong question. Ask how permanently you can lose 30 pounds. Doing it quickly will increase the probability that you will gain it back.
  • BevBasil
    BevBasil Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It took me five months to lose 24 pounds.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    the trick is to eat the minimum of calories a day, no matter how much you burn in exercise. so if your usual miimum is 1500 cals, even if you "get" 500 extra from working out, only eat that original 1500.

1000 net calories? ..................No, bad idea.

Find your BMR ..... basal metabolic rate. These are the calories your body would use if you slept all day. Virtually everyone here on MFP (as children are not allowed) ...... has a BMR > 1,000 calories. By eating less than your BMR ..... you are encouraging muscle loss ..... and hair loss if you diet long enough.
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    the trick is to eat the minimum of calories a day, no matter how much you burn in exercise. so if your usual miimum is 1500 cals, even if you "get" 500 extra from working out, only eat that original 1500.

ATTENTION - this is a terrible idea, dangerous, don't do it. (In case you missed the post above.)
  • RoosterB
    RoosterB Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    6 months realistically
  • nxcowan
    Options
    Yes, you can. Try something called Isagenix. It is not a diet, it is a cleanse and it is merely a jump start to your weight loss.
    I am on day 15 of the 30 day cleanse and so far I have lost 13 pounds. This cleanse takes away your cravings and makes your body only want the food that you NEED when you need it. Your energy levels will increase and you will notice so many changes both mentally and physically. You have a shake for breakfast, a 400-600 calorie meal for lunch and then another shake for dinner. Once a week, you will have a day where you deep cleanse and cannot consume any solid foods besides snacks such as the isa snacks or celery/a few raw almonds. I know it sounds crazy, but you can definitely reach success on this.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can. Try something called Isagenix. It is not a diet, it is a cleanse and it is merely a jump start to your weight loss.
    I am on day 15 of the 30 day cleanse and so far I have lost 13 pounds. This cleanse takes away your cravings and makes your body only want the food that you NEED when you need it. Your energy levels will increase and you will notice so many changes both mentally and physically. You have a shake for breakfast, a 400-600 calorie meal for lunch and then another shake for dinner. Once a week, you will have a day where you deep cleanse and cannot consume any solid foods besides snacks such as the isa snacks or celery/a few raw almonds. I know it sounds crazy, but you can definitely reach success on this.

no. this is awful advice. Just.. just no.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I have about 33 lbs to lose and realistically I see myself getting there about a year from now. I am trying to lose at a rate of 2-3 lbs per month.
  • Clay_Sh
    Options
    Hire a trainer or nutritionist with credible certifications. Don't go anywhere near plans like Isagenix, they are nothing more than starvation combined with diuretics and laxatives, sold by individuals with no qualifications out of their basements.

Losing 10-20 pounds of water, poo and muscle mass is not weight loss....just a path to destroying your metabolism in the long haul.
  • slimintraining
    slimintraining Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hire a trainer or nutritionist with credible certifications. Don't go anywhere near plans like Isagenix, they are nothing more than starvation combined with diuretics and laxatives, sold by individuals with no qualifications out of their basements.

Losing 10-20 pounds of water, poo and muscle mass is not weight loss....just a path to destroying your metabolism in the long haul.

Soo right! 3 years ago I lost 35 in 6 weeks o lighter life. It was just about the worst thing I ever did. My body is only just recovered enough for me to loose weight in a healthy way and exercise. It is just not worth it.

Honestly eat well and work out and drink water.
  • ElizabethFuller
    ElizabethFuller Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Pick the leg you like the least and have it removed?
    Ha ha! That's what I was going to say!