Getting fed up with clean eating?

Options
124»

Replies

• successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like what you really need are some cooking lessons. There are so many things you can eat within your calories (pretty much everything as you've discovered by switching rice and turkey with chocolate).

My diet is pretty sameness too (I just don't like certain foods), but I know how to make alternate low calorie meals, and things that satisfy cravings without going overboard. Like fitting in a mini chocolate bar. Or making pumpkin custards with stevia as a pumpkin pie replacement.

Also, if you keep a low enough deficit for 2 weeks, you can probably fit in a moderate/maintenance "cheat day" and continue to lose weight. If you calculate your calorie deficit on a weekly, instead of daily basis, you'll see where you can fit in something you might consider "bad" right now. If you're on a 1.5lb loss for a week, it may slow you to 1lb or less, but still a loss, you just have to remember that salt and the extra calories will slow your loss on the scale. But emotionally it may help.
  • not_my_first_rodeo
    not_my_first_rodeo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I would look at some other protein sources: eggs, pork tenderloin, tofu, nut butters, nuts, leaner cuts of beef like flank steak.

I try to make as much of my own food as I can, buy it from local sources, eat in season produce, etc. But I still eat processed foods, just ... less of them. I want this to be a sustainable change.

But yeah, I'd start looking for recipes in cookbooks and blogs and on Pinterest. There are ways to vary it up.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

Chicken, rice, sweet potatoes:
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/250941/african-sweet-potato-chicken-stew/

Simple, fast, delicious. Kids love it.
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Options
    i think you can glean inspiration from the web and then just modify the meals to fit clean. substitute as fits your guidelines. don't expect it to taste as rich as the "real thing" but it can still satisfy the craving for complex meals.