Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Tired of counting calories

13»

Replies

• afiyaandrews
    afiyaandrews Posts: 13 Member
    Currently 260pounds
    :goal weight of 130 pounds
    If my calories intake are 1200-1500 will i lose weight or gain
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Currently 260pounds

...Why would you gain on the lowest intake calories? (1200). Set up your account with your goals and do what it says. Undereating wont help you.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited December 2016
    Currently 260pounds
    It's much better if you just start your own thread if you need help. But this can be answered very short. When you weigh 260 pounds, your body burns around 2300 calories per day just to keep you alive. A consistent intake of 1200-1500 will make you lose weight, around 2 pounds per week. But you can't just eat 1200-1500 calories now and then, or think that you are eating 1200-1500 calories. You have to do that every day, for months and months, and make sure you are doing just that, for instance by counting calories. Logging in your food diary here is a great tool, if you use it properly.
  • maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 283 Member
    You can always try portion control containers. I personally don't mind calorie counting. It makes me more aware of what I'm eating.

https://www.amazon.com/Healthy-Living-Containers-COMPLETE-included/dp/B01AMCTFBK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1480672678&sr=8-3&keywords=portion+control+food+containers
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    SideSteel wrote: »
    To the OP:

I've just started a rather lengthy post on this where I will suggest alternatives to tracking. Once I've completed it I'll link it here.

I, for one, can't wait to read it.

For the record, I like a version of No S. Discrete meals (distinct, clearly defined, somewhat scheduled). (Sweet) treats are treats, meaning that they are rare. But I count calories too. (I've been over eating the past few days so don't bother with my diary.)
  • ashjongfit
    ashjongfit Posts: 147 Member
    I started at 360 and am around 200 now. I calorie count off and on. It was an eye opener to learn what calorie dense foods were and how much I actually eat.

Over time I stopped counting calories and pretty much ate the same as I did while counting calories. My weight loss went on as it should, sometimes a bit faster or slower. When I start feeling like i'm slipping or am eating new foods I come back until I have it down again and then stop.

NO S diet is a great one, but really to lose weight you'd simply just need to cut a few things out that you didn't before. Eg. If you drank a 400 calorie coffee drink every day, but then cut it out and didn't replace it with anything, without doing anything else you'd had a 400 calorie deficit for every day you normally had that coffee drink.