Replies

• michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I love my pb , relish, and mustard sandwich. Yummy
  • amcalmond768
    amcalmond768 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Mashed potatoes and ketchup..it's not odd to me but apparently it's gross to the people around me lmao
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti with ranch is the strangest it gets
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Chardonnay and Pizza :p
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Grey_1 wrote: »
    My gf eats applesauce on her pork chops. Was the first I'd seen it done this way.

My grandson won't eat porkchops any other way. I'll try it one day lol.

Love love pork chops or tenderloin with applesauce or the "good ole days" version RoxieDawn mentioned. Adding a wee bit of beer to braise wouldn't be amiss either.
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    * Vegemite/ Marmite with Lays crisps sandwiches
    * Irish Butter + Vegemite/Marmite on Weetbix
    * Cheese and pineapple sandwich (not toasted/grilled)
    * Gerkin with brie is so wrong, where figs and brie are just right. It is so wrong together, that it's right.
    * Oriental or Bhuja mix snacks on top of vanilla ice cream.

can you come and cook for me and prepare all my meals. forthwith? and make them all surprises?

Hmmmm [pondering on it] .... Are you HOT? Are you a cowboy? Can you shoot a gun? Can you skin a bear? Can you start a fire? [Razzled] ;)

More importantly, what is your oddest ideal sandwich?
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    Grey_1 wrote: »
    I knew somebody who liked gravy on cantaloupe. Never tried it.
    Cantaloupe and heavy cream in a blender...good stuff

Delish!! <3
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Peanut butter and bacon sandwiches.
    Salsa on a baked potato.
    Thick slice of sharp cheddar melted on a piece of apple pie.
    Cottage cheese as a dip for chips.
    Mayo or dijon mustard with my french fries.
    When I was a kid, scrapple with maple syrup

Some of these are old timey things I picked up from my grandmother. But then, she would eat lard and sugar sandwiches sometimes. :D
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    * Gerkin with brie is so wrong, where figs and brie are just right. It is so wrong together, that it's right.

I totally forgot about pineapple and cheese sandwiches.. have not had one of those in years. :)

Already teaching my god child all "our weird" combinations. Priceless when he requests the odd combos .... lol.
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Ruffles and cottage cheese.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options

I totally forgot about pineapple and cheese sandwiches.. have not had one of those in years. :)

Already teaching my god child all "our weird" combinations. Priceless when he requests the odd combos .... lol.

Gosh I do remember learning most of the older things mentioned here really early in life. Those pineapple an cheese sandwiches go way back..

Another oldie too is when my mom also used to put a small amount of mayo and cheese on half slices of pears.. I think this was "po mans" fruit salad... LOL
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    vingogly wrote: »
    Peanut butter and bacon sandwiches.
    Salsa on a baked potato.
    Thick slice of sharp cheddar melted on a piece of apple pie.
    Cottage cheese as a dip for chips.
    Mayo or dijon mustard with my french fries.
    When I was a kid, scrapple with maple syrup

Some of these are old timey things I picked up from my grandmother. But then, she would eat lard and sugar sandwiches sometimes. :D

I've actually tried that. My sister is absolutely ga ga over dijon or black truffle mustard and my mother, mayo. Tried them together with a stronger mustard concentration - Umami!
  • 777Gemma888
    Options

Gosh I do remember learning most of the older things mentioned here really early in life. Those pineapple an cheese sandwiches go way back..

Another oldie too is when my mom also used to put a small amount of mayo and cheese on half slices of pears.. I think this was "po mans" fruit salad... LOL

It had to be Kraft mayonnaise and cheese. Tried it with Nashi pears ... Doesn't really work as well. Our mum learnt all her odd combinations she'd passed on from Aussie nuns@Anglican boarding school.
  • RoxieDawn
    Options

It had to be Kraft mayonnaise and cheese. Tried it with Nashi pears ... Doesn't really work as well. Our mum learnt all her odd combinations she'd passed on from Aussie nuns@Anglican boarding school.

You are right about the cheese and mayo.. Gosh I thought I might be the only one that had tried that! This brings back memories. :)
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,426 Member
    Options
    sometimes I crush up about 3 potato chips & put on top of my sandwhich, but I'm going to try the doritos
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    I don't buy hummus often because I'm like the Zohan with it. I just eat it off the spoon straight from the container.

I used to have a pretty bad hot sauce addiction. I would look for something to put it on just to have it. Like, I really want hot sauce, what is in the fridge I can pour it over? I often settled for hot boiled pureed carrots, which I would then add hot sauce or add homemade hot sauce and then pour the carrots over everything. I poured the steaming carrots on a cold salad every day for months. But only after I had scrambled eggs with hot sauce on top.

Thankfully, I overcame.
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    *Banana mashed up & stirred into peanut butter for a sandwich.
    *When making a grilled cheese sandwich, use mayo on the outside of the bread instead of butter.
    *Toast with large slice of tomato topped with American Cheese slice . . . place under the broiler until hot & melted.
    *Hot cornbread in a bowl with cold milk poured on top.
    *Tomato paste stirred into sauerkraut spread on toast with deli slices of beef or chicken topped with Swiss Cheese . . . bake in oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
    *Mix together hummus, cream cheese, and guacamole . . . eat it on toast with lettuce & tomato.

My daughter's mother-in-law eats raw turnips with cool whip.

It just sounds like you know how to cook...
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    *Banana mashed up & stirred into peanut butter for a sandwich.
    *When making a grilled cheese sandwich, use mayo on the outside of the bread instead of butter.
    *Toast with large slice of tomato topped with American Cheese slice . . . place under the broiler until hot & melted.
    *Hot cornbread in a bowl with cold milk poured on top.
    *Tomato paste stirred into sauerkraut spread on toast with deli slices of beef or chicken topped with Swiss Cheese . . . bake in oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
    *Mix together hummus, cream cheese, and guacamole . . . eat it on toast with lettuce & tomato.

My daughter's mother-in-law eats raw turnips with cool whip.

The edit must have came after seeing this originally..

"My daughter's mother-in-law eats raw turnips with cool whip".. This ODD combo caught my eye.. ;)