Help me, I'm stuck.

Options
2»

Replies

• MoJoPoe
    MoJoPoe Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of good ideas listed above mine. When I reach a plateau I have what I refer to an "Apple Day". All apples, cooked, boiled, raw anyway I can all day long, Just apples, applesauce etc. It seems to get me off my plataueu and then I'm back doing my routine and it works again for me. Thats just what works for me, everyone is different thougth.

I love this. Gonna try it!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Do you use a food scale?

Personally I wonder whether you're retaining water because of your change in exercise intensity. At any rate, weight loss isn't linear and a couple of weeks stalled isn't really a reason to worry.

But if you want to ensure that your diary is accurate, stop using generic database entries and measuring cups for food. Start entering foods by weight in grams and entering your own recipes.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think
  • jmejiaa
    jmejiaa Posts: 21
    Options
    One thing I don't see mentioned: Have you adjusted your calories for your new weight? if you lost 26lbs your TDEE may be lower?

Have you had a "refeed" day to get your hormones back in check?

read this:
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-hormones-of-bodyweight-regulation-leptin-part-1.html
  • yaryrosa
    yaryrosa Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You could try lowering your sugar intake. Try to aim to 24grams a day.
  • Cyclingbonnie
    Cyclingbonnie Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy! Drink water! Eat back at least half of your exercise calories!

Changing up your cardio exercise is fine, but not necessary. If you are worried that your body will get "used" to the exercise change the route. I adopted a saying and apply it to my exercise. "Like what you do and do what you like" this isn't mine, I just adopted it. I believe in enjoying your workout ... if you like to walk then walk, if you like to run then run, if you like to ride then ride. Don't get all caught up into what will make you loose weight. The exercise is to make you fit and more healthy. A strong body, and a strong heart comes from your exercise, your weight is what you eat.

So I took a look at your diary ... water isn't showing there. I was expecting sodium to be over the top and somedays it is, but most not. So that is a good thing. You're not showing your potassium. Potassium is one of those nutrients that helps your kidneys process the sodium. So my question is are you taking in enough potassium you find this in many things like green vegetables, avocados, and a lot of fruits.

So I've edited my settings and I think now you can see my potassium intake. I think the numbers for potassium are okay. But let me know if you think otherwise. thank you :)

You are way low on your potassium intake. Welcome to America :wink: Most westerners are way low on potassium. I'm not a doctor, but I have researched this point. The research shows taking potassium tablets really doesn't help, so save your money. You must take it in, in its natural form. Which is in fresh fruit and vegetables ... raw is best, but the important things is to get it. Avoid processed food and unnecessary salt, and make sure you are staying hydrated.

You're body will always be trying for stasis and sometimes a plateau is just that ... a plateau. Do the right things and be patient the weight should start moving again.
  • almasters90
    almasters90 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    One thing I don't see mentioned: Have you adjusted your calories for your new weight? if you lost 26lbs your TDEE may be lower?

Have you had a "refeed" day to get your hormones back in check?

read this:
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-hormones-of-bodyweight-regulation-leptin-part-1.html

Yes I have readjusted my calories. I do that every time a pound drops. Thanks for checking.