Kids!!

Replies

• avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,787 Member
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    Remind yourself you're not a garbage can - you don't need to eat the leftover chips.

Another thing to remind yourself of is that the food is still "going to waste" if you put it inside yourself, because all you'll wind up doing (over time, accumulated) is work like kitten to get that weight back off...so what good did it do? It's still "being wasted" because now you're trying to dump it.

Just butting into the thread to say WHOA, you blew my mind, maaaaan. I'd never thought of it like that!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited November 2016
    What works for me.. kids are germ magnets.. do I really want to eat their leftover food and possibly get sick? Yuck no thanks. Haha

Edit: @crzycatlady1 beat me to it! ;)
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    On days that I feel that I might get tempted I bin the leftovers ASAP. I hate wasting food but sometimes self discipline is just not there. But other times, if I do eat leftovers I'll log it in my diary and move on.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    warcup666 wrote: »
    kenyonhaff wrote: »
    Well, another idea is to not have the kids eat chips. Why not have them eat healthier food too?
    Well, another idea is to not have the kids eat chips. Why not have them eat healthier food too?
    They do but enjoy a non healthy meal once a week
    Your mindset... You will give your kids food that you deem unhealthy, but enjoyable, and it's off limits for you? No wonder you feel this urge. This is why people struggle.
  • warcup666
    warcup666 Posts: 99 Member
    The thought of eating leftover food from my kids, who snot and spit on everything, plus have questionable hand washing methods, is enough to turn me off to ever wanting to clean up their plates. I kid you not-this morning I walked into the bathroom and caught my 8 year old son brushing the cat with his toothbrush. Is that someone you want to even eat in the same room with, let alone off of the same plate? Just think- snot, spit and cat hair- next time you go for those chips :p

Lol bless him that's hilarious, my kids are totally different well the 8 year old is he's a clean freak but my 6 year old is totally different picks his nose and eats it lol
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    avskk wrote: »
    Remind yourself you're not a garbage can - you don't need to eat the leftover chips.

Another thing to remind yourself of is that the food is still "going to waste" if you put it inside yourself, because all you'll wind up doing (over time, accumulated) is work like kitten to get that weight back off...so what good did it do? It's still "being wasted" because now you're trying to dump it.

Just butting into the thread to say WHOA, you blew my mind, maaaaan. I'd never thought of it like that!

:p
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member

Oh that's gooood!!! :)
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member

Wow. That's goooood too. Thanks!

• sophiamasonm
    sophiamasonm Posts: 9 Member
    Make yourself more confident while serve the coffee to your kids.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    6 and 8 years old, you say? It could be the perfect time to teach them to clear the table and deal with leftovers while you do something else. Much less temptation to finish their food that way.

I was about to say that too...perfect age to teach them to scrape and rinse their own plates after dinner! It'll help speed up clean up too :D
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Get on your kids about leaving their mess. I hate having to pick up for after people
  • warcup666
    6 and 8 years old, you say? It could be the perfect time to teach them to clear the table and deal with leftovers while you do something else. Much less temptation to finish their food that way.

Mmmm yes!! That's fab, will give it a go!!
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Danimri84 wrote: »

I tried that. My son fortunately loves healthy food, thinks veggies are awesome, has never been picky. You will also only be able to pry cheddar cheese pringles from his cold dead hands. He doesn't like chocolate and refuses to drink pop, so I'll let him keep his chips.

Well there's nothing wrong with the occasional chip. Just keep in mind that your needs are important too.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Ew. I can't imagine eating after my kids. Germs and other questionable hygienic habits turn me off.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member

This is such great advice! I think lots of parents underestimate what kids can do. At our house, our kids learned to do their own laundry when they turned ten. When I tell other moms this, they are amazed. I cook the meals, our kids do the dishes and clean the kitchen. They also take out the trash, dust and vacuum, and clean their bedrooms and bathrooms. Our college-aged son gets so frustrated with his so-called "filthy, clueless" roommates. He's exasperated that they were never taught to clean and take care of their space.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited December 2016
    The thought of eating leftover food from my kids, who snot and spit on everything, plus have questionable hand washing methods, is enough to turn me off to ever wanting to clean up their plates. I kid you not-this morning I walked into the bathroom and caught my 8 year old son brushing the cat with his toothbrush. Is that someone you want to even eat in the same room with, let alone off of the same plate? Just think- snot, spit and cat hair- next time you go for those chips :p

Yep. This. I just can't. I know exactly what my kids do (and don't do) when they go to the bathroom and no thanks (and they're almost 9!).
  • timeforwork
    timeforwork Posts: 114 Member
    You need kids that mash/ cover the food in sauce so it's so horrible looking you don't want to touch it!
  • warcup666
    Lol guys, my kids are totally different , total clean freaks haha well the eldest is not so much my youngest lol. Thanx for all your advice guys!! Your awesome xx
  • sophiamasonm
    sophiamasonm Posts: 9 Member
    warcup666 wrote: »
    Lol guys, my kids are totally different , total clean freaks haha well the eldest is not so much my youngest lol. Thanx for all your advice guys!! Your awesome xx

Thank you too.