'Gentle' December Step Support

Options
I have been on two different step challenges that have both been 10,000 steps challenges. Everyone starts out all gung-ho...got a gazillion steps in today or this week...and then, they are gone! I don't know if members just lost interest or the 10,000 steps were just too much for someone just starting something like this.

What I would like to start is something more realistic for people who work in offices or are just starting out as far as walking is concerned.

There would be no limit...top or bottom...just recording steps taken in a day. The goal would be your own and, I think, would be a little easier to maintain if the only person in competition with you would be YOU. This would just be a place to record what a person is doing and maybe help with motivation to keep moving forward.

How this would work is for each person to record how many steps taken in a day...or a week...or how ever you would want to do this. Record it even if you only took 100 steps or 30,000 or anywhere in between. With this gentle challenge, there would be no failure, no judgement. As I said, the goal is your own. Fall is here and Winter is on its way. This might be a way to keep yourself motivated to keep moving even during those days that aren't the greatest weather-wise.

For those of you who are new to this walking thing, please don't let the amount of steps I and some others take in a day be daunting. I really meant what I said about this not being a competition!

Some of us will take a whole bunch of steps in a day, some of us will take fewer steps a day but just remember, every step each one of us takes is a Victory!

This thread was created by Wysewoman53 several months ago. Wysewoman53 has not been on the boards recently but this ongoing thread has been invaluable to many of us so we are continuing it until she can come back and pick up the reins.

Everyone is welcome to join us as we each work towards a healthier self. To make it easier to find you can click on the star on the right side at the top of the post and it will bookmark the thread.

Replies