Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    CatB409 wrote: »
    @cerise_noir
    Height 5'6
    Weight 208lb
    Age 31
    Goal 160lbs

I'm 5'6" and older than you, very sedentary, and started out at 217lbs. I was eating 1500 cals per day and losing 1lb per week with almost no exercise, so I'm sure you could eat more than you have been. Perhaps your goal is too aggressive and you need to consider scaling back your expectations?

I'm now 171lbs and down to 1290 per day to still lose 1lb per week, but after months of getting used to eating less it's not such a hardship for me as it would have been at the start. I go over my limit at least a couple of days per week, but as long as I'm still under my maintenance calories I don't worry about it... all it does is just slow down my rate of loss slightly. If I find I'm going over too often, I'm more disciplined about sticking to it for a while. I also take two-week breaks every 8-10 weeks, where I eat at maintenance levels, to give myself a mental rest from having to be strict. Despite a few of these breaks and a few occasions where my weight loss has stalled for 3-6 weeks at a time, I've still lost an average of 1lb per week since January.

Could I have lost weight faster if I didn't have these breaks, or had eaten less from the start? Of course I could have. Would I have stuck with it, been successful, and be feeling like I could continue my plan until I reach a weight I'm happy with? Probably not.

One thing I did do at the start was to stop drinking my calories (once I realised how many calories are in soda, milk, juice, etc.!). If you really enjoy your Coke and don't want to give it up, consider a diet variant like others have suggested. Or drink sparkling water instead. It's an easy way to cut down on calories!

It sounds like your problem is twofold... restricting too much so you're feeling too hungry and then going over your limit, and lack of planning for times when you need to grab something on the go. I second the other suggestions here to carry things like protein bars or pre-weighed snack bags of nuts, or to check out the nutritional info of fast food places you like to visit and find some lower-calorie options in advance so that you know what to go for if you need to eat there.

You can do this. You just need to figure out which types of food fill you up for longer (for me it's protein and fats, others feel more full on carbs), put a little advance thought into what you're going to be eating, and be prepared for those times when you may need to eat on the run.

Good luck! :)

Thank u
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    @cerise_noir
    Height 5'6
    Weight 208lb
    Age 31
    Goal 160lbs

Okay, according to sailrabbit.com, your TDEE is:
    Sedentary: 2041
    Slightly active: 2338
    Lightly active: 2424
    Moderately active: 2536
    Very active: 2976

You have 48lbs to lose, so you should be aiming to lose 1lb per week. 1240 is far too low for you.

To lose 1lb per week, you should be aiming for 1541 plus around half your exercise calories back, and this is if you're sedentary.

Lite
    ???
    Are you trying to say that you're lightly active, or? I am confused.

Lite

Lite what?
  • CatB409
    CatB409 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Lightly active...dont want to confuse u...lol
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Lightly active...dont want to confuse u...lol

I hate to break it to you, but this stuff about burping is not helping your cause to not confuse people.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    at lightly active, then 2424 for maintenance (this DOES NOT account for eating back work out calories, TDEE is different to how MFP calculates caloric intake)...so you could probably aim for 1800 and working out