Options
13»

Replies

• maranarasauce93
    maranarasauce93 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Me at the gym

Haha how do you even have room for your belt jeez woman?!? I only keep my lifters and lever belt in my bag as well as emergency 1.25lb plates and a jump rope, and chalk is starting to get loose in my bag. Meep!!
  • maranarasauce93
    maranarasauce93 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    rileyes wrote: »
    Where do you get the Pendlays or Romaleos? I can't find them in the sports stores. Are they only available online?

Unfortunately, the do-wins seem to only be available online, but the women's shoes are true to size. I bought my pair on muscledriver USA but they're out of business now (RIP :( ) so amazon is your best bet! They sell for 120$ on there, which is still cheaper than the majority of weight lifting shoes.
  • sarahkw04
    sarahkw04 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Chuck club. My coach will have you lifting in socks if you come in for leg day wearing running shoes - sometimes I lift in socks just for form work.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Me at the gym

Haha how do you even have room for your belt jeez woman?!? I only keep my lifters and lever belt in my bag as well as emergency 1.25lb plates and a jump rope, and chalk is starting to get loose in my bag. Meep!!

I pay for a yearly locker. And when I'm at the gym I just throw my *kitten* every where. I know it's annoying.
  • hansonmedical2
    hansonmedical2 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    CONVERSE
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    Nikki10129 wrote: »
    Super helpful everyone! Another question, because people tend to have different shoes for different types of lifts, if you're doing those lifts in a workout do you bring the different shoes and just change mid workout while you're in the gym? Not something that I'm super concerned about since I'll probably go with one pair of cheap and simple shoes to start with but just curious!

i wear my squat shoes for bench and [duh] squats. you may not need them for bench but i'm smaller than the people that bench was built for so i can't get as much leg drive without them.

i don't wear them for deadlift, overhead press or rows. i have a pair of $8 air walks for that. i don't think it matters for everyone, but i got used to the feel of flat shoes and having a slope throws me off for those lifts.

yes, i change shoes. but it's more typical for me to group my lifts according to which shoes they need. i don't mind carting one pair of 'gym' shoes around all day long, but i draw the line at two pairs.
  • Nikki10129
    Nikki10129 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    So just went out the other day with mother dearest because she's been begging me for Christmas present ideas and decided I'd give chucks another go (mainly because I couldn't find anything I liked that was cheap)! As an added bonus found out I fit into children sizes so while some of the flashy ones were a no go +1 for saving money thanks to baby feet! I'll wait to see how much I enjoy lifting before I invest in some squat shoes, in the mean time I'm doing some minor barefoot lifting with the barbell and weights my dad has on hand while I'm home for the holidays!

Now if only I can find a pair of cleats I like, then I'll be set!
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    Options
    LOL!!

Got lazy the other day and it was cold in the garage, so I just wore my Uggs. 1st time I ever thought to do that.

Soles are pretty flat and firm and, even w/socks on it's feels almost like lifting barefooted. No problem doing DLs, BPs, OHPs & SQTs in them.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    i've lifted in work boots. not saying it was the greatest idea, but i can say that those are some pretty firm soles.