Sitting rising test. I can't. Can you?

Options

Replies

• flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I can do this easy and I'm pretty sure I'm not as fit as some people here saying they can't do it. I couldn't run a marathon lol

Haha...yup me too ;-) Alot of it is a question of balance and core control. I got me some of that B) Rebounding is a great tool.
  • Grey_1
    Grey_1 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I got an 8, but I'm not lending his life expectancy ranges any credence. I'm 57 and have already outlived several friends, so I figure my odds are getting lower either way lol.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Not trying to brag here, but I made it my *kitten*.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Nope. I can sit down and get up without wobbling or using hands but not if I try to do it crossing my legs like that.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in the worst shape of my life and I was able to do this. Still pretty sure I'm going to die someday, though.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I'm dead.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    I'm dead.

Me too!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    LOL. Even at my lowest weight I couldn't do this.
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I've seen this test used as part of a overall assessment and feel that a normal person should have (and try to maintain) this ability for as long into their aging years as possible. As far as determining life expectancy, I'm not sure how accurate that is, but it probably correlates to elderly people falling and being frail.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to any of this in probably at least 40 years. Guess I'm screwed.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I'm 44yo. It was a little ugly/wobbly, but I did it. I'm not sure if I'd be at a 9.5 or 10.
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I think it's getting center of gravity over your feet. I just coached my bf to do it. He can out run, jump higher and squat lower than me but had trouble with this sit/stand test. It's easy for me. I wonder if it comes down to how you train.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    lololol I did it easily but maybe because I do yoga.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    I am fitter and stronger than I've ever been but I still can't do this pigging thing

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oQIbffQj2xM

Is there any truth in this being a good test of "fitness"

I know I cant right now,I blew a glute muscle(hubby called it an As* gasket).
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    rileyes wrote: »
    I think it's getting center of gravity over your feet. I just coached my bf to do it. He can out run, jump higher and squat lower than me but had trouble with this sit/stand test. It's easy for me. I wonder if it comes down to how you train.
    lololol I did it easily but maybe because I do yoga.

I think it has to do with being female's center of balance. Like the trick with pulling a chair out while being bent over with your head against a wall. Flexibility as well as certain styles of yoga would seem to help.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    I haven't been able to any of this in probably at least 40 years. Guess I'm screwed.

So - this is your ghost posting?