I need breakfast Ideas

Options
Tired of eating eggs, toast, oatmeal and fruit.

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I have usually a couple pieces of angel food cake or cinnamon roll pancakes.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I had a sandwich for breakfast this morning. Pancakes and eggs for lunch :smile: You don't have to eat traditional breakfast foods.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever appeals. "Breakfast food" is a concept invented to sell cereal. I sometimes have leftover, or a sandwich, or soup. Cottage cheese on crackers has been a favourite lately.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I eat one of these sandwiches every morning:

8icak3j3ovdb.jpeg
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Whatever you like that fits in to your daily calorie and macronutrient goals and promotes satiety and adherence.
  • Kristi26
    Kristi26 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I eat pancakes almost daily. Sometimes I'll have homemade banana bread instead. Very rarely, I'll eat a fruit of some sort for breakfast.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Steak.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever food you like. Food is food no matter what time of day it is.
    I eat things like cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, fruit, cereal, sandwich, dinner leftovers, granola bar. I like soup for a nice warm breakfast. Peanut butter and banana is a good combo.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_breakfast_foods
    http://www.mrbreakfast.com/recipe1.asp
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/destinations/2013/11/02/breakfast-around-the-world/3355123/
    http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/healthy-recipes/8-authentic-breakfast-recipes-around-world
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I had 3 ferrero rochers and coffee this morning. Just because I felt like it.

I too have leftovers from dinner. I make soup for my family in the mornings too, it's especially good in the cold weather.

But my number one would be all sorts of omelettes. Quick, easy and filling. And you can just keep changing the ingredients.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I eat peanuts with my coffee...
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I have a toasted sandwich, one side with PB, one side with Nutella, and a sliced up banana int he middle if I remembered to buy them that week.
  • mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I was actually thinking that this morning, I usually rotate between Eggos and oatmeal...I could use some easy ideas for weekdays that are easy to prepare/have at work. I don't typically make time to eat before I leave the house during the week.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I pretty much have the same breakfast every morning.. toast with peanut butter and jam, and a coffee (or sometimes espresso if I'm feeling fancy). On weekends I will add eggs or have pancakes/waffles sometimes.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    fidangul wrote: »
    I had 3 ferrero rochers and coffee this morning. Just because I felt like it.

My daughter is obsessed with chocolate hazelnut so I got her the gigantic 4.4oz ferrero rocher for Christmas.

Anyway, since I batch cook, I have a lot of food that can be ready quickly. I sometimes make hard boiled eggs, or frittatas/egg muffins/egg bakes for the week. Some days I take out servings of soup, meatballs, or burritos (breakfast or otherwise) from my freezer.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'm having some curried lentils right now...yesterday I had a nice bowl of green chile stew.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Weekdays I usually have a big old burrito with eggs and poultry or ham along with a protein shake made with kefir and chocolate protein powder.
    Weekends I vary among yogurt with protein powder, egg sandwich, oatmeal breakfast bar, and Cocoa Puffs with kefir.

Kefir is fermented milk, high in nutrients and probiotics.
  • Alligator423
    Alligator423 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I like to make my own "breakfast pots" in tupperware for the week on Sundays.

3/4 c plain greek yogurt, sliced strawberries, handful of blueberries, and sometimes a small amount of granola and/or honey. You can honestly add just about anything though. Making them ahead of time makes it easy and quick to eat or grab in the morning and also allows for some of the natural fruit juice to soak into the yogurt.
  • jvcjim
    jvcjim Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    steak slathered with butter and if you need something else add peanut butter.... that should hold you to lunch :)
  • mattdhall
    mattdhall Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    McDonald's Sausage McMuffin with a hash brown.
  • SaraMA1
    SaraMA1 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    A friend suggested this and I actually like it during the week as it is a quick hit.
    A piece of Ezekiel bread, toasted with Sunflower seed butter and a sliced banana on top. Filling and you can grab it to go if needed.