kami3006 wrote: »
    It can be naughty too
    vdh5kdzt56qj.jpg

You know you want it.

But is it good when it's on a diet?
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Yeah - the precooked variety. Not the uncooked one. As far as the slices go, they don't look like the standard thick cut bacon. They look more like regular bacon, but hey...it's still bacon and gives the OP some options.
  • Flapjack_Mollases
    Flapjack_Mollases Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    All I will add, is that turkey bacon is a lie. Stick to the original. And, as long as you don't over-do it, you're good.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    I love the party line that others have written but the truth is that it is very difficult to know precisely how much fat is in bacon. Personally I love it and eat bacon often but I now go for leaner bacon and I cut off obvious fat. Eating fat is fine if you can count it but it can be difficult. Fried eggs are great too but I love poached so why have fried

It's on the package. Not hard to figure out at all.

Except that most of us drain off at least some of the fat that cooks out of the bacon. Which actually makes bacon a great diet food because it's one of the few foods that I know I am underestimating the calories of (unless I then use the fat to cook greens). And I haven't yet found a way to add negative calories for the bacon fat not eaten.

I use the bacon fat to make other things. So I figure the calories even out since I technically logged the fat at some point.

A friend of mine uses hers to pop her popcorn in. I definitely approve of such practices.

Bacon flavored popcorn. That's a new one.